Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 126

April 22 Wednesday

18 weeks. 44 weeks before I get to come home. 42 more weeks of teaching.

I downloaded the last episode of "Chuck" last night. I love that show. The whole concept of the show is how Chuck is a spy. In the last episode his dad got the intersect out of his head or we think he did. Next week is the season finale. If they did get the intersect out then how much longer will this show survive if Chuck won't be affilated with the CIA anymore? Maybe they are slowly winding down the show.

I was told earlier today that monthly tests (I hate monthly tests!) were going to be April 30th and May 1st. I was just told now that we might not have monthly tests. They might have TESOL tests instead. That would be nice and save me the trouble of making and grading the monthly tests.

I only have 2 classes today. I start teaching at 7:10pm and I finish at 8:45pm.

I found out that we teach in quarters. This quarter will be March, April, May. So there's 13 weeks in all. If there are 13 weeks and there are only 10 or 12 units in the books then why did I have to start on unit 3 or 5? So that gives me 7 units to complete in 13 weeks. I'm going to be way ahead. Well I don't understand. I'm going to be ahead. This is crazy!

I eat a lot of dongas (pork cutlet). I have it almost everyday. I like it because it tastes good and its cheap. Its only 3,500 won which is $2.60 usd. Thats a good portion of food for such a cheap price. The only thing I'll miss about korea is the low cost of living/eating.

We are always having problems with the copier at work. The korean teacher showed me where another one was upstairs. Everytime I went up there to try to make a copy someone was always up there. I'll have to make copies tomorrow.

My first class was good as usual.

The students in my 2nd class took an extra dose of their crazy pills! 2 of the students didn't bring their book to class. So one of the girls let the boys share her book and the girls shared a book. While we were reading the boys were being silly and elongating the words and pronouncing them wrong just to make everyone laugh. We were laughing all during class. At the end of class one of the boys said that today was a fun class.

I went to E-mart tonight and bought a memory foam pillow. Maybe that will help. I'm doing all I can to try to feel comfortable. It costed 38,000 won. ($28.00 usd)

When I was walking back to my apartment I saw one of my neighbors that talked to me a few weeks ago. The whole ordeal where we couldn't understand each other and used google translate. Anyway he was talking to me and I still can't understand him. He asked for my phone number again so I gave it to him. He has a nice phone-touch screen. I had already given him my number before. He said he was going to call me. I don't mind talking to him, but the language barrier is really hard. Maybe I could help him with his English. I think he wants me to teach him. Since his English is on such a low level I could bring home my textbooks and teach him out of them if he wanted help.

No comments: