Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 116/117

April 12/13 Sunday/Monday

I'm such a bad person. I didn't go to church on Easter. I slept in and stayed inside all day long. I didn't even get dressed. I didn't even step outside my door. It was a lazy day inside.

I was looking at some of the stuff I bought. They still have the orignal prices on it. They came from a store called INC...I dont think I've ever seen that store in NC/SC. Anyway those shirts regularly sell for $49 for a dressy tshirt. I would never pay that much!! I got these in Itaewon for 15,000 won each.($11.29)

I found out that I have to the hospital for my health check on Wednesday at 11am. Dongdaemun Stadium.

I mailed a package home today. I sent some things to my family-candy, souveniers, and a book. It was a little over 1400 grams. It costed 23,400 won $17.61usd.

Tomorrow I have to go to the bank. I need to pay a bill and transfer 1 million won to my American account. Its only going to be around $740 usd after fees. I'll be able to send more home after next month when that stupid 200,000 security deposit stops coming out. At the rate I'm going I'm not going to have the amount in my account that I hoped I would have. I was hoping to have around $10,000 saved up. I might end up with $8,000 or so. Maybe I'll buy a corolla instead so I can pay it off quickly, but I really want a sportier car. We'll see how things turn out when I get home. Maybe I'll land a great paying job and I can afford a sporty car. That's still a long way away!!

classes were good today. I only had 3. I was done at 7:05pm.

After work one of the Korean teachers wanted me to go out with her. She said she was feeling gloomy and she wanted me to hangout with her to cheer her up. She took me to Palgakjeong. Its on top of Mt. Namsan in the center of Seoul. We went up to Palgakjeong pavillion. From there you can see a great view of Seoul. We plan to go back sometime in the daytime so you can see the view and so I can take my camera!

I love Seoul. I think its great that I get an opportunity to live abroad in a big city. I'm definatly a big city girl. I've lived in all types of cities. The extremely small-700 people, then Rock Hill (50,000) and Charlotte (500,000). Then I just keeep moving on up to bigger and better cities like Seoul with a population of 10 million. I love riding the subway all the time. I like that there's always something to do. Tons of places are open late or 24 hours. I just don't like that I'm so far away from friends and family and English speaking people!

I finally found out who my mystery text message person is. I don't know if I've ever blogged about this person or not. While I was in Uijeongbu I met this guy from India. He just gravitated towards me because I can speak English. Immediatly when he met me he asked for my phone number. I said how about email? and he wouldn't leave me alone so I gave him my number. I can't understand him. His Indian accent is too thick. I wasn't going to answer anyway. He would call and let it ring forever. then constantly call back hoping that I would answer. Anyway he finally gave up and I hadn't heard from him in 2 months. I deleted his phone number from my phone book-i had it in there so I'd know not to answer.haha. So now I've been talking to a mystery person on text. I thought I was talking to the girl I met in March because the text messages started the day after I met her. All this time I thought I had been talking to her. Then today he sends a picture along with his text. T the time I didn't recognize the picture so I kept asking how he got my phone number and he wouldn't answer. He actually called and I picked up. I recognized the voice. He said "i'll see you tomorrow"--what? no he won't.Maybe I'll just start ignoring them.

No comments: