Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 105

April 1, 2009 Wednesday

I have been here 15 weeks.

I actually know when I'm suppose to meet the director on Saturday. I found out on Monday. Saturday at 6pm. At least I knew earlier this time.

I went to the bank today. Paid a bill and I found out why my card wasn't working. If you type in the wrong pin number 3 times then your card is disabled at ATMs. Its a good security feature. When I first got my card I kept typing in my old pin number. ITs hard having 2 bank accounts with 2 different pin numbers. I would have used the same pin for both but I couldn't.So I guess I did it 3 times then my card was disabled. She let me change my pin. Now I have to remember to use the right one!

I only have 2 classes today. The first one starts at 7:10pm. I'm done with classes at 8:45pm.

I have to average up all my grades in the classes to go on their report card. That took a long time. It would have been a whole lot easier if I would have had the bright idea to input the grades into a spreadsheet first. I added up everything manually and made an average. Then,I made a spreadsheet with formulas for all of my classes to input grades and make an average.

I found out that one of my students quit-she had been absent for 2 days. I have 43 students in all between 9 classes. They are ages 9-13. My smallest class has one student and my largest class has 10.

I still need to correct essays. I actually had one class where everyone turned in their essays on time! only 1 of my nine classes though!

This week I haven't had much time to introduce new material because I had to give them a writing project to go on the walls during my class. The activity I had to make them do took up most of class. Plus I didn't introduce much new material last Thursday because the monthly test took up most of the class time. Plus I had to take time to describe how to write an essay and give a topic. I don't have much material to make a test from so I'm not going to give a test this week. I'm just going to give 2 tests next week so I will still have the right amount of tests.

Today was April Fool's day, but no one celebrated it at school. Im glad. I think its the most stupid holiday!!

I have to go to Nokbeon tomorrow for a class with the other teachers. I'm going to take my pants to the tailor finally.

When I withdrew money from my American account Wachovia only charged me $1.48 for each transaction. Not bad at all.

No comments: