Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 314

Tuesday October 27

I called customer service for Fedex. I actually got up before noon to call! I told them it was okay to leave my package with the guard if they couldn't deliver it by 1:30pm.While I was at school someone from fedex called me and was asking me for my address and asking if there was a guard at my offictel. When I got home I saw a box with the usps sticker on it on the guard's desk and I just pointed to it and held up my fingers for 302. Then I got my package!

I tried on my clothes. They fit pretty well. The camisole is super tight and doesn't really offer much slimming capabilities, but I don't want to take time to send it back so I'll keep it. I love my new shoes! I ordered them from Walmart.com. They are black flats. They are cute and comfy. They are really soft. I may wear them to school tomorrow. I ate a few of my oatmeal creme pies! yum!

In my first class we had 2 tests and a quiz. I gave the writing test first. They all did pretty well. I gave the speaking test next. They all did well on it also. Then they had free time.I had one absent student so I'll have to get her to do a makeup test.

My 2nd class was good. The boy who likes magic had another magic trick today. Then I gave them their writing test. One boy didn't do so well. It was easy stuff like underlining the months or days, underline a place, circle the titles. I think his grade was a 44. The other student made a 74. Both of them say they've been studying English since they were 5, but they are still on a low level. They both did okay on the speaking test.

My 3rd class was in the computer lab.The girls were doing their work, but the boys like to talk and goof off. They didn't finish their questions that I gave them to do. They will have to do them for homework.

During my break I got all my tests together for the rest of the week. I copied all of them and stapled and sorted into classes and put post it notes so I'd know which class they were for. At least I'm finally finished making all the tests that I have to give this week!

My 4th class was good. I had one student absent in this class so I'll have to give her a makeup test. She has missed 3 Tuesdays in a row. I gave them their writing test first. The grades ranged from a 76 to a 92. They were saying that it was hard. I just copied exercises from the book. One student asked why there were so many questions. There were 25. I was trying to explain that if there are a lot of questions then they don't count as much when you miss one. I'm trying to give them a chance at making a good grade.I made a mistake on one of the writing tests. I gave the girl a 92 because I thought that she only missed 2. She really missed 3 and should have made an 88. The boy told on her. She was just not going to tell me. I kept asking her to show me her paper. She didn't want to. At least I have one honest person in my class. I think he just liked being a tattletale, but it wouldn't have been fair to give her a higher grade than she received. Then I gave them their speaking tests. They all did a good job.

I skipped the gym tonight because I wanted to go home and get my package. I saw the Mormon guy on the subway(that I met a few weeks ago) and we talked briefly. I probably won't be seeing him anymore. He lives in Eungam now, but is moving to a different area tomorrow.

No comments: