Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 308

Wednesday October 21

Well I still don't have my package. I found out what that letter was in the KT envelope. I was talking to my friend at the gym and I asked him to help me. (He looked so handsome today in his pink and white gingham shirt. I actually liked it. Men shouldn't be afraid of pink). The letter was in Korean so I needed to know what it said. I found out the letter was from Fedex about my package. I have to call them. I wonder why? Why would Fedex send me a letter in a KT envelope? (KT is a telecommunications company-phone, internet, etc) There were no Fedex logos or anything. My friend looked up the tracking number on the fed ex website and showed me. I'll have to see if I can call them tomorrow. Hopefully someone speaks English!! It probably has to do with that stupid clearance delay. It must be causing a problem at customs. I dont understand why though. Its just normal stuff in the package. Nothing suspicious. crazy!

Today was an okay day.

I finally got my cable bill. Its due on the 25th and I get it in the mail on the 21st. Yes Korea is really the land of the last minute. I'll have to get out early on Friday and go pay it at the bank.

My first class was good. We were doing our computer lab activities.

My 2nd class was good. We were doing a writing lesson. It was basically a review of what we have done so far. We finished early and they played a game. Its funny to watch them play the 'ghost game.' They put something over their head and try to find the other students while the students are constantly moving around.

My 3rd class was good. 2 of my students were absent so I only had 2 boys in the class. They were actually good by themselves and did their work. We only had to do one lesson today. It was very short. I also brought an extra activity to do and we still finished early. 1 of my students was absent on Monday because he had the swine flu. He was back in class today. During class one of the boys told me I was very smart. He told me on Monday that I was very good at English. (well I should be..I've been speaking it all my life!!) We had time left over so I suggested we play the English game where you start a new word with the last letter of the last word. apple-ear-rabbit, etc. We actually played that until the end of class.

My conversation class wasn't very good which is normal. I made them all close their vocab books. They like to have them open to study during my class. I asked them to practice conversation and they didn't want to. There was one student who was actually making an effort. THe others just didn't want to. Some of them wouldn't fill in the answers to the questions. Everyone is always asking me to go to the bathroom and get water during my class. I told them they need to go before my class. I'm tired of one persong asking then everyone else wants to go also. Only 5 more weeks!

My last class was terrible as always. I hate having the class in the computer lab. 2 of the students asked to go to the bathroom during my class. I let them go. Then when one boy went another boy followed him out although I told him not to. I told them that they need to quit asking during my class. I had to keep begging the students to do their work. They keep talking to each other and not doing their work. I am constantly yelling. I keep getting frustrated also that they only want to do what is on the sheet. I told them to read everything even if I didnt have a question on the sheet. I pick out certian topics and put questions on a worksheet just as a way to keep them busy. They can't answer basic comprehension questions. I get so frustrated!! They just want me to tell them the answers without reading it themselves. Everybody wants to play on their cell phone during class. I told them no cellphones in class. I hate this class!!!!!!! I told them that Friday we are having 2 tests and they need to study at home. I can't keep giving them class time to study. We are so far behind!!

I went to the gym tonight. I walked on the treadmill for 52 minutes while watching "RuPaul's Drag Race". Haha. Its a competition for drag queens. Reality tv is getting crazier and crazier. And all my hard work was for nothing. I ruined it by going to Burger King.

No comments: