Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 313

Monday October 26

My package came today, but I wasn't at home. They attempted to deliver it at 5pm. I was at work. They left a note. I'll have to call customer service and see if they can deliver it before 1pm. I have been waiting so long!! I think it was suppose to originally be here 2 weeks ago!

My first class was good. We just went over spelling. She made a 60 today. She does good in class, but she doesn't study for her tests. Even though she could spell them all on Monday, by Friday she has forgotten when I give her the test.

My 2nd class was good. I gave them a quiz on the online news we did on Friday. Then we had our speaking test. I was more organized this time. They all did a good job. I think the lowest grade was a 91. Then they had free time. This class actually makes an effort and wants to do good on their tests.

My 3rd class was pretty good. I gave the quiz to the 2 boys who were in class on Friday. They were trying to cheat. I gave them the test then they decided they wanted to study so I took the test away. Then they wanted to look at the test, then study again. Then we had our speaking test. They all got either a 91 or 92.

I didn't have to teach my Monday conversation class. I'm not really getting anything accomplished in this class. On the last week of the month my class is always cancelled because of their monthly tests so Ive lost 2 classes. Plus I can't really teach anything on test day. I was planning to give them their test this week. I'll just have to give it to them next week. In November I'll have to give them their test on the 3rd week because they will have their monthly test on the last week. It will only be on 2 lessons. Oh well. I only have a few more classes! I hate teaching unmotivated students. I think I could be a big help to people who actually want to learn instead of children who are wasting their parents money.

My last class was bad. One boy never brings his book. I have to make a copy every class. Then after I got back from making his copy a girl let me know she didn't have her book so I had to make another copy. I was going to give them time to study and they weren't really studying. Today all of the students thought it would be funny to just write nonsense on their tests. 4 of them got a zero. 1 student who was doing well got a 28. Oh my. When their parents see their grades for this month they are going to wonder why I'm such a bad teacher. I'm not a bad spelling teacher. They are terrible students. One of my students has only been in class once this month. His only grade is a 49. The highest average is a 75. The rest of the class is between 26 and 47. That's the average of 7 tests. They don't even try. Today the students just wanted to talk and not pay attention. I was yelling a lot. We were learning new words and I kept asking them to repeat the words after me and no one would. I yelled at one student and asked him to pay attention and he just laughed. One student had a scream mask and he kept putting it on in class. I only got one page covered. I'm never going to get caught up!! Now because of the "new alphabet" (cursive) I have to write all the words on the board for them in regular writing. Today I made the students write the words 10 times each. No one got finished. One boy kept writing the words big and couldn't fit many on one page and wasn't writing half of the time. I assigned 2 pages for homework and to complete writing their words. I bet no one will do it. I mentioned homework right before it was time to go and no one wrote it down. I was announcing it and they were all like "okay" while packing up their books and not really paying attention. I just don't know what to do with these kids. They have no interest in spelling and their grades make me look like a bad teacher. I'm doing all that I can. At the beginning of class one of the students asked me if they could have a Halloween party on Friday. I didn't give them an answer. They don't deserve a party. I'm not going to let them. If you want me to do good things then you have to earn it! Definitely no game this week based on their behavior today. I know they will misbehave on Wednesday. They always do in the computer class.

No comments: