Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 295

Thursday October 8

Well I had a decent Thursday.

My first class was good. No one was trying to rush me or tell me that the material was boring today. They did want to end class early. They asked if we could end on one page and do the other page for homework. I agreed. Today was basically a review of what we've been learning in writing. We talked about using transition words to revise sentences. They studided their vocabulary when I gave them free time. They asked me to help them prounounce some words.

My 2nd class was good. They like to talk a lot in between activities but it doesnt interupt the flow of class and the lessons are really short. Today we talked about nouns, lists, one and more than one and dialogues. They did a good job. They enjoyed the dialogue part once they completed it. I told them to talk to each other and then write down what each other said. So one of them would say "say something". Then they'd say something funny and then the other person would write it down. Then they traded books and read their dialogue as a conversation.

My lab class was pretty good. I gave them a worksheet to keep them busy. They are better at finding the answers than my lower level class. No one asked me to show them the answer to every single question. I'm going to give them a multiple choice test on Tuesday. It should be easy if they study. I have to keep them busy so they won't try to do other things. ha. They all did the worksheet first and then they did the rest of their articles.

My conversation class was a small improvement over last week. They all read together when we were reading and repeating as a class. The boys didn't practice the conversation the right way most of the time. The girls were going above and beyond what I asked them to do. We also have listening exercises. 2 of the boys actually pay attention and remember what I talk about. I only read it one time and I ask questions about what the conversation was about. 3 of the boys were playing on their cell phones and not paying attention half of the time. They hide their cell phones under their desk and they keep looking down instead of looking at their book. I have to tell them to pay attention. At least this class participates more than the other classes.

We had a productive class in my last class of the day. It was a writing class. We basically reviewed what we have learned so far. They did a good job with all the activities.

I was on my way to Mcdonalds after work and I got stopped by the "God the Mother" nuts. Oh my. They will not take no for an answer. These 2-a guy and a girl-actually spoke really good English. I told them I had already talked to someone and filled out their survey. I told the guy I wasn't interested so he walked away but the woman was not giving up. She went through this brochure she had and tried to get me to let her show me stuff in the bible. I said no. I finally got away. All they ever talk about is "God the Mother". That must be the major belief in their church. She told me that her church is the only church that believes in "God the Mother". I've read some information about this church and I think its crazy! They don't belive in the cross because they consider it to be an idol. They believe you must be baptized to be saved. You have to get baptized then you can be saved.Followers are baptized in the name of the Father (Jehova) the Son (Jesus) and of the Holy Spirit (Ahn Sahng Hong) They believe Saturday is the real sabbath. It was founded in Korea by Ahn Sahng-hong who believes he is the second coming of Jesus.The members pray in the name of Ahn Sahng Hong, whom they believe as the scriptures testify is the Second Coming of Christ.Zang Gil-Jah is "God the Mother" (who they believe is referred to in the Bible as the New Jerusalem Mother) and that Ahn Sahng-Hong is God the Father. Ahn Sahng-hong believes all men were angels who come to Earth after sinning in Heaven.

I downloaded a program to watch movies and tv shows online. I watched a lot of stuff. I saw season 6 episode 1 of "The Office" and "House". I really liked the 1st episode of the new season of "House". I also watched the first episode of "more to love." (I missed the whole show bc it doesnt play here..this site has the whole show that I can watch!) I watched a episode of "18 kids and counting". Right now I've got a free 30 day trial. I've found some good stuff. I think I might sign up for premium membership. With the free trial I can use 4 gb of bandwidth and I almost used that up in one day! The most expensive option is only $30 a month and you can use 500gb of bandwidth. They have a good selection. I saw lots of things I'd like to watch. I think it would be beneficial since I don't have access to those shows over here. I don't have to download the shows. I can just watch them on the site, but I do have the option to download to my computer.

No comments: