Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 310

Friday October 23

I called the woman at Fedex just to make sure she got my fax. She received it and my package is now going through customs inspection. If everything passes inspection then I should have my package on Monday. Its crazy!

Everybody is talking about the swine flu in Korean. I don't know what they are saying. They will be talking to someone on the phone then when they get off they start talking about swine flu. I guess they are talking about kids who have it. One of the bosses was asking all the teachers about swine flu. He'd ask them something then he'd make a comment on his paper. I know at least 3 of my students have had it. They were out multiple days from my class.

I just hoping I don't catch it. I've never had any kind of flu in my life and I've never been cautious about not catching something. I have been washing my hands like crazy!! I don't think I've ever washed my hands so much in my life. I also have hand santizer that I use. I've decided I'm not going to get the flu shot. I've heard that it is dangerous for your health because of the mercury levels.

My first class was good we just went over spelling. Learned 2 sets of words.

My 2nd class was okay. It was our class in the computer lab. 1 student was absent so everyone had their own computer. Its hard to get one boy to stay at his computer. He gets the rolling chair and likes to be all over the room. All the students had snacks and their snacks were all over the floor when they left. Then everyone wants to go to the bathroom and drink water in my class. I told them to go before my class and quit asking. Once one person asks then everyone wants to go. Some of them finish too fast so I ask them to do comprehension questions, but they don't do it.

My 3rd class was better. 2 students were absent so I only had 2 students in class. It was so much easier to manage. They were actually doing their work. One of them seemed to be sick. He was coughing some. One of them depends on me to give him the answers to the worksheet. I told him if he read then he'd find the answers. I'm tired of them begging me for the answer and they won't even read to search for the answer!

My 4th class was better than normal. They actually did their work! We actually had a productive class and I got 4 pages done. In our lesson now the words are being written in cursive. The students tried to get me to stop before that page because they needed time to study the "new alphabet." Its not a new alphabet. Its just written in cursive. why?? This is a textbook that is used in America when kids should be learning cursive. Its not my job to teach cursive. Now its harder for them because they don't know how to read cursive. I had to write all the words on the board in normal handwriting. I didn't have to yell any in class today!! One of the boys kept begging for a game, but we are still behind. We don't have time for a game. Since they were so good I may give them a game on Friday, but only if they can behave all week long!!

Its so funny how the guy at Mcdonalds knew what I was going to order before I even ordered. I heard him whisper to someone as I walked in the door. He said "big mac set." Its sad that I go there so often. Really they should know me on a first name basis. I always get the Big Mac set. Its fast, convenient, and cheap. I get a big mac meal for $2.93. You can't beat that!

I've really got to work hard when I get home to lose this weight! I know I've put on a few pounds since I've been here and I've got a long way to go to get to where I need to be!!

No comments: