Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 302

Thursday October 15

The tracking on the USPS.com site says my package was 'returned to sender' on October 13. What the heck? --My mom researched it and the post office screwed up. They left out some kind of form so it got sent back. Now I have to wait another 4 days for it to get here. So I ended up paying a lot of money to get it here fast and its going to take just as long as the one that is $15 cheaper.

Today was an okay day..

My first class was good. Last class they wanted free time so they asked if they could have one page that I wanted to do in class as homework. Well no one did it. Today we were talking about a biography. We only covered a few pages. I gave them 3 pages for homework. I bet no one will do it again.

My 2nd class was good. We covered 2 short lessons in writing. We went over titles, interviews, riddles and names of places. We finished early so they had free time. One of the boys was copying the other boy's homework for grammar. They copy each others homework all the time.

When it was time for my 3rd class the lab was locked. The Korean teacher lost the key. Then we waited 10 minutes while the teacher assistants tried to find a spare key. They kept bringing keys and none of them were the right one. Finally someone found a key after the Korean teacher told me I'd have to print out something to do in class. Then we went to the lab. I gave them a worksheet to keep them busy. They thought they were finished when they finished the worksheet. I told them to finish doing the rest of the articles like we always do. One of the students was telling me she had already done one of them for the Korean teacher's class. I don't care if they have already done it. Its my class and I want them to do it again! Why are both of us teaching that class?

Conversation was crazy as always. First the boys were late to class because they went to home plus during their 5 minute break. They were reading along most of the time. Sometimes I catch the 2 boys sitting in the back looking under their desk when they should be reading. One of them is always playing a game on his cell phone. When I ask them to practice speaking the boys never do it right. They practice but they do it wrong. Today I gave them extra examples to practice just to take up extra time in class. Today we were talking about making plans with someone. The class was decent, but not how I would like for class to go.

My last class was really good. We did a few pages in our writing book. They did a good job and everyone wanted to write the answers on the board. The exercises in the book were a practice test. I'm actually going to use questions from the book for the real test at the end of the month and add some of my own questions.

No comments: