Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 307

Tuesday October 20

This morning at 11:30am my doorbell rang. I thought it may have been my package. (NO!) It was just the mailman hand delivering a letter. why? why did he have to wake me up to give me something he could have put in my mailbox? I was sleeping good and only 30 mins before my waking up time. It was a letter from KT and I don't know what the heck it says since I can't read Korean. I'll have to get someone to help me. Whatever it is its printed on nice stationary. It has a person's name, a phone number and maybe a bank acct number. It could be my phone bill that I never paid because no one would tell me how much I owed. I don't know.

I still don't have my package. It should have been here yesterday by their "4 day guarantee (which is suppose to offer money back if it doesn't arrive on time)" which now with all their screw ups has turned in to 10+ days now I think. I'm paying tons of money so the post office can screw it up. I looked at the tracking and there was some "clearance delay" on Monday and Tuesday. 'clearance delay' is probaby some secret code for 'its late, but its not our fault.' There isn't anything in there that should hold it up. Its clothes, shoes, books, and snacks. I'm entitled to a refund, but my mom doesn't want to apply for it and I can't because I'm not in the USA. I want my refund. I paid for it with my hard earned money. I am tortured day in and day out by Korean children so I can afford to pay for expensive packages.

The whole balloon boy saga is getting out of hand....its crazy! I hope both of them go to jail for tying up the police department on a fake case.

My first class was okay. The boy who is always sleepy in my class was sleeping when I came in. The students called his name and hit him but he wouldn't wake up. So I just let him sleep during class. He woke up near the end of class when students were messing with him again. Then I had a student who was late. She came in right as we were finishing up. She said school let out late. (It was 4:30pm when she arrived). We had a good class and they had good answers to the questions. Today we were talking about agree or disagree and reasons. We finished early and they had free time. They were doing their grammar homework during free time. One girl wanted me to give her answers. I wouldn't just give the answers. I helped her with a few then she caught on to how it should be done.

My 2nd class was good. Those 2 boys are constantly laughing and making me laugh. Most of their answers don't make sense and they like to play around with each other in between questions. We covered one lesson today. One of the boys told me he lost his book. He shared with the other boy.

My 3rd class was okay. Ok I have the computer lab class every Tues-Thurs. I don't know why they don't just open the lab at the beginning of the day. I always have to find someone to open it for me. I have one guy who is always late to the lab class and never wants to do his work. He didn't do anything in my class. I wrote questions on the board for the students to answer. One student finished. If the others didnt get the questions then that's just too bad. They were up there all class long. I'm still giving them the quiz on Thursday whether they did the questions or not. I kept reminding them that the questions were on the board and that we were having a quiz.

My 4th class was good. We went over 2 speaking lessons. They all did a good job. I gave them all stickers at the end of class. The boy didn't want his. okay. I've never had someone give it back before. Most students are usually begging for more. (FYI: when they get 100 stickers they get a prize).

I finally went back to the gym. I saw my friend talking to some girls at a desk. He said hey to me when I walked past him then he left them and came to talk to me. He said he had'nt seen me in a long time. He wanted to know why. I said that I was tired and busy. (I didn't want to say I just didn't feel like coming!) He said "I hope you feel better soon." He mentioned that I didn't have much time left on my contract. He wanted to know if I was going to renew. He wants me to renew, but I'm still undecided. I'm leaning more towards not renewing. I told him "maybe." I like going to the gym to see him, but is it really worth 90,000 a month to walk on the treadmill for 30-40 mins a day? Its not going to help if I can't get my eating under control. Tonight I just walked on the treadmill for 42 minutes while watching "Scrubs". Afterwards I just felt like I was in a daze because I was tired from work. Then I went to burger king and ate a chicken sandwich meal.

It's cold outside and I still haven't started wearing my coat. It was in the lower 50's when I left work and I wasn't wearing my coat and it didn't feel bad to me. I see everyone else all bundled up and wearing scarves. Maybe my hot natured temperment is coming back. I used to not wear a coat until it got really cold. Then last year I was really sensitive to cold. I definatly would have been wearing a coat in this weather. I haven't been using my air con at night. Its not really cold in my room so I dont need the heat either. I'm actually a little hot right now and its 54 degrees outside.

I still haven't gotten my cable bill. Its due on the 25th.

No comments: