Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 299

Monday October 12

wow..299...tomorrow I'll be in the 300's.....and I still have around 139 days left..

I know one thing--I definitely know why I never wanted to be a teacher!! I will never be a teacher again! These kids have no respect for authority. They make me so angry and I hate being angry!

My first class was good. We just did our spelling as always.

My 2nd class was good. I hate short lessons! We did 2 lessons. We asked "how often" questions and "Can you.." questions. I asked every single question to all 7 students. Then I had them speak with their partners. The boys didn't want to talk to each other but everyone else was cooperative. When I asked them to speak to partners one girl claimed me as her partner. After we finished I let them play a game. Watching them play the game is funny. They put a coat over their head and try to find the other people in the room who are constantly moving around to keep from being found. Sometimes they like to hide behind me.

My 3rd class is not good. We were suppose to cover 2 lessons today. I have to keep telling them to pay attention and that took up a lot of my time. I didn't get finished with the lessons. Next week we'll have to pick up where we left off.

My conversation class isn't so good either. When I got to the room they wanted to move to another class. It was too hot in that classroom. We moved to another class. I had one new student today. Now my total is up to 14 students. 13 were present today. Today we were talking about likes and dislikes. A few of the students just won't participate. I had 4 students don't pay attention. They hardly even fill in the answers in their book. One of the students was never on the right page. Some of the students are always doing other work in my class. I just hate that class! There are a few who actually pay attention and always do what I tell them to. Then there are others who just don't care. I feel like I'm wasting my time with this class! I just don't know what to do!

My last class was bad also. I told the students to study for their test. 2 of the students didn't have their book. Why do they constantly not bring their book? They only have one book for my class. Its not like they forget what book they need to bring for what day like my other classes which have 2 books. Then the test took forever. Nobody was studying and I knew they'd do bad on a test where there were silent letters involved like gnat, gnaw, etc. They did poorly. There was one student who only got one right. The others got 2 or 3 right and one girl got 11 right. The girl that made a 77 actually has been making good grades. I think she is the only one who is taking it seriously. The others just don't care. Seriously I have students who have an average of 30. I'm doing my best, but I can't help apathetic students. I give them notice of tests days in advance and I give them time to study in class but they don't use that time. We covered a few pages in class. I think its going to be impossible to ever catch up to where I need to be. We can't ever get past 3 pages in class.

No comments: