Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Student Assignment-Rules for my room

In one of our units at school the students were learning about rules for their room. There was a sample in the book.

The sample said "You can listen to music, but you can't take my cds. You can't eat and drink. You can visit me anytime (except late at night)"

They did this assignment with my substitute last week. He collected the papers for me.

The assignment was to come up with their own set of rules that they would post on their door. I got some funny responses. The grammar is pretty bad. No matter how much I try to show them the correct way to write they always do it wrong.

In my room you can listen to music
And you can read a my book.
But you can't jump.
And you can't run.
Can't you no noise!
You can visit me anytime.
(but not late at night!)
---------------------------------------------

In my room you can listen to the music
You can watch TV
But you can't don't touch my thing
You can visit me any time
But you can't drink in here
______________________________________

You can't visit
You can't pooping
______________________________________

Not my brother hit and sit
not kill
not pooping
not pee
not eat
_________________________________

My home not being silly
My home no steal

____________________________

In my room you can sleep.
You can playing computer games and you can study
_________________________________

My room is not being silly.
and not steal money
______________________________

This is Christian Bale room (that's one of my student's english names)
Please read this
In my room you can play game but being silly
_________________________

Rules is no!

____________________________________

I can definatly tell who was sitting together. They all have common themes!

No comments: