Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 237

Tuesday August 11

Tuesday is my busy day...I have 5 classes with a 55 min break which I used to plan lessons. Then after class I plan my classes for the next day.

my first class was good. We got a lot accomplished. Today we were talking about birthdays and weddings.

My 2nd class was good also. I couldn't get 3 students to talk today. I asked one of the students to talk to the quiet girl. She told me she wanted to talk to another boy in the class through telepathy. She actually used the word in the right context. She wouldnt practice conversation. I was the new girl's partner once. Its so difficult. She speaks so low and you can't hardly hear what she says. The 2nd time we practiced I had 3 children who didn't even participate. Today we were learning about places that animals live like the forest, river, mountains, desert, etc. We also talked about what animals eat(food chain)-eagles eat snakes, snakes eat lizards, lizards eat insects and insects eat plants.

In my 3rd class we are talking about sports. We finished 4 pages of material and then I let them play a game.

In my 4th class I have a new student. Now I have 3 girls in that class. They are all good students. They know the set up of the lessons and they were already doing the lesson before we even started class. We covered 5 pages of material and got finished with 5 minutes left.We are a little behind so I had to cover a lot today. Its hard to cover a whole unit when you only see the class once a week for speaking.

My 5th class was better than they normally are. They were actually quiet in class insead of being loud and speaking in a lot of korean. They weren't perfect but better than normal. They wanted me to rush through the lesson. they said 'we can read fast' so I started reading faster. We actually covered more than I had planned to cover in class. They begged for a game so I let them. They rushed through the last page so they could have free time.

It was raining heavy today. I should have taken my big umbrella instead of my small one but I didnt know it was going to rain today. I always have my little umbrella with me. The weather is so unpredictable. Sometimes I look at the forecast and it says its going to rain and then there's no rain.

While I was in the gym Lesley texted me to see if I wanted to go to eat bbq. I said yes. We went to a Korean restaurant after I finished at the gym and ate samgyupsal(its like thick bacon and you cook it on a grill at your table).It costed 18,000 won for 400g (14 oz). Its a bit pricey but it was good.

No comments: