Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 239

August 13 Thursday

My first class was good. We had a productive class with lots of speaking time. Today we were talking about items in a store such as bottle of lemonade, package of cookies, etc. One of my kids was out of character today. He is usually not paying attention and always turning around to talk to the boy behind him. He was actually paying attention today. He also had his homework. He never has his homework. He was a little late for class and ate his breakfast during class. He gave me his hash brown from Mcdonalds. He told me it was a potato. He said "eat this. It's a potato." It was delicious.

My 2nd class was good. We finished one unit and started a new unit. We actually covered more than I had planned so that was good.

In my 3rd class there were 4 boys sharing a bottle of coke. Its funny to see them holding the bottle up and not touching it with their mouth. We always have a good time in that class. There are 4 boys but they are all well behaved. One of the boys recently changed his name. He used to be Mario and now he wants to be "One". I called him his old name twice. We all started laughing.We finished the lesson early and I let them play a game.

The students weren't in their seat when it was time to start class in my 4th class. The 2 boys were out getting food and the 2 girls decide to go to the bathroom when its time to start class. They never do their homework. I'm getting to the point now where I will just write the answers on the board to the homework and let them copy instead of doing the homework in class. I don't have time to cover what they should have done at home. I wrote it on the board and they copied. They were better today. They were actually writing their answers and they were quiet and not constantly talkikng in korean. They were asking for a game so I finished class 5 mins early. They didn't actually play a game. The 2 girls just talked and the 2 boys ate some kimbap. One of the girls in class gave me some shrimp chips. They were different but pretty good. The children in all the classes are always giving me candy, chips, gum..all sorts of stuff.

We had a good productive class in my 5th class of the day. We were able to cover a whole writing unit. We will actually finish the book for that writing class in the last week of August.

I kept seeing a commercial for Veet in-shower hair removal on tv. I decided to go to E-Mart and try it out. I used it on my legs. I actually like it. I tried Nair once and it burned the heck out of my legs. Veet didn't burn at all. The only thing I don't like is the price! Its about $10 for a bottle. I don't know how many uses you'll get out of one tube.I know I won't buy it often because of the price.

I have to make it through one more day then its the weekend!

No comments: