Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 247

Friday August 21

Its finally Friday!!

My first class is always my favorite. We went over our homework. Then we read the story 3 times. I made them raise their hands and tell me one at a time who they wanted to read instead of everyone yelling at one time. They had a fun time reading the story. We had a great class today.

My 2nd class was also good. We took a test first. The teacher assistant came in and wanted to take pictures of me for marketing purposes for the school. He wanted a shot of me with the students but the students didn't want to be in the picture so he left. They wanted me to rush through class so we could play a game. We covered 3 pages of new material then they played a game. They played a game they call 'baskin robbins 31'. They basically count up to 31 saying 1, 2, or 3 numbers at a time. The person who lands on 31 loses.

My 3rd class was good. We covered a speaking unit. First we took a test. They didn't do their homework so we did that in class. Then we covered about 3 pages of new material. We learned some history today about Mount Rushmore. We also talked about other figures such as Mozart, the Wright Brothers, Charlie Chaplin, Leonardi da Vinci, and Neil Armstrong. They had a column one with the person's name then they had to choose the correct verb and change to past tense then choose a selection from the 3rd column to make a full sentence. For example, Leonardi da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa. They knew all the answers without my help.

My 4th class was also good. First we took a test on past tense verbs that we learned in our speaking unit. Some people did well and others didn't do so well. The TA came in again to take more photos. First he took some photos from the back of the room. Then he took some from the front. He wanted me to have some pictures where I was helping one student. Then he told me to put my arm around the student like I was helping them. the class couldnt stop laughing because of all the posing. he had to tell one student to put down his ice cream so it wouldn't be in the picture. It was funny. It was making me laugh too so I had to stop laughing so we could take the picture. Then we started class. We covered a writing unit today. They were really quiet. Its always quiet when one of the boys is absent. I have 3 boys and when they are all together they talk a lot, but when 1 of them is absent they are quieter. We had a good productive class today.

Its finally the weekend!!!

What are my plans? The only thing I have planned for Saturday is a Korean lesson at 2pm. I'm going to listen to my cd tonight so I will be prepared.

The rest of my weekend is wide open. I may try to find something to do. I may watch some movies online.

No comments: