Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 249

Sunday August 23

I watched a Korean movie early in the morning. I was searching for movies to watch on a website and I clicked on Korean Genre and I found one called "Jenny and Juno". It was posted on YouTube. Cute movie. Its basically a lot like the movie "Juno" from the USA except its set in Korea and is in Korean with English subtitles. In the movie a teen girl gets pregnant. Its funny though how unrealistic it was. The girl was suppose to be pregnant in the movie but she never looked like she was pregnant! They could have at least put her in a pregnant suit like they do in other movies.

I haven't gotten much accomplished today. I tried to stay in bed all day long. I went to bed around 4am. I finally got out of bed around 5pm.

I was having some weird dreams. I had a dream that I visited my church back home in Fort Mill. I went to church and I was thinking 'how did I get here in the middle of the week?' and 'how am I getting back to Korea for school?'. No one really paid any attention to me at church I walked by people and no one even said hey or was surprised to see me. I went out into the parking lot and it had snowed while we were in church. Someone told me to watch out for the black ice. Right before I woke up I was laying on the ground trying to get snow from behind my tires. There was someone standing right behind my car because I was in their way. They couldn't get out of their space. ha. Then I woke up...I've had at least 2 other dreams where I dreamt of going back to FMCOG.

I cleaned my apt a little. I swept the floor, cleaned the kitchen counter and the bathroom sink. Washed a load of laundry.

I went to E-Mart and bought some food for the week. I got bread to make sandwiches, some hamburger meat, and chicken breasts. I'm going to try to not eat out this week. I've got enough stuff at home to last all week. I also got some more prizes to give to my kids. This is the last full week of the semester so I'm giving out the homework prizes on Thursday and Friday. I got little things like erasers, pencils, notebooks, candy. Everything costed less than 1,000 won. A little less than a $1.00.

I didn't spend any money on eating out today. I think it really helps that Mcdonalds in E-mart is closed till November! I don't want to get on the subway to go to eat anywhere else. I do have Lotteria, but I don't eat there very often. I cooked some hamburger meat on my george foreman grill. Not exactly the most healthy choice but at least its better than Mcdonalds or Burger King.

I saw an advertisement on TV today about a Tango showcase in Seoul. I love the Argentine Tango. There is someone in Seoul who is putting on a show. Its from Sept 4-9. I really want to go, but the tickets are expensive. I was looking at a site called ticketlink and the cheapest one I saw was for 50,000 won (about $50). Yes I love the Argentine Tango but I don't think I love it that much.

One day I will take Argentine Tango lessons. I wonder if I can find them in Seoul. I bet if I did some serious searching I could find it somewhere.

No comments: