Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 241

Saturday August 15

Today I went to Hongdae for my first Korean lesson. It was me, Lesley and her boyfriend. We were being taught by a Korean that worked with Lesley.

When we got there we decided to eat first. We went to a fish restaurant. We had one type of fish called Sam Chi. And another type of fish that I dont know the name of. The whole fish was on the plate including the fin and the head and we just picked off pieces of the fish with the chopsticks. We also had rice and I dont know what the other stuff we ate was. It was the first time I've eaten the whole fish like that. (I usually only have like a fish filet or just a portion of fish but never the whole fish on a plate).It was very delicious.

Then we went to a cafe for our lesson. Today we just went over how to read and write the Korean alphabet. We could sorta read before it started but we have a hard time sometimes. Its always hard for me to read the characters. I know what the characters are but it takes a while for it to register in my brain. I have to look at it and then sound it out. He showed us the book we can use for our lessons. You have to know how to read Korean to read the book. There is the Hanguel and then the english translation. For this week he wants us to practice reading Hanguel.

When I got home I met this weird European guy in the conveinent store. Him and his friend were in there picking up some things. One of the guys was wearing a tshirt and boxer briefs. He spoke to me and said "I bet youre wondering why I'm wearing my underwear". I wouldnt have noticed if he didnt point it out. Then he told me that he was from Europe and its a European thing. okay.

I decided not to go to the soccer game. I just wanted to stay home and rest.

I watched 2 movies tonight(online): "Up" and "The Ugly Truth". Both were pretty good.

No comments: