Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 233

August 7 Friday

The weekend is here! One day closer to being done with this morning schedule. I think I still have 8 more days where I have to be at work at 9am.

My first class was good as always. We took a test and they were all asking for hints and calling out answers.haha. We had a good class and everyone participated. We had a lot of speaking practice today.

My 2nd class was really good also. I let them all pick out their prize for having their homework for July. They all chose Candy. The students in the next classroom were in my class talking to those students and they saw my bag with prizes. They were looking in it. I told them they had to do their homework to get the prize (they are in the class that NEVER does their homework!) There was a moth flying around the classroom today. They were making a lot of noise and chasing it around the room. The finally killed it and threw it away. We took a test today and the students asked for hints. haha. Then we covered 2 pages of material. They had some good speaking practice. Today we learned about different toys-trampoline,skateboard,swing,hula hoop,scooter. This is a great class. They all participate and they do well in class. They are very well behaved. I've never had one behavior problem in this class. We are at a good place in the book so I let them play a game for the last 5 mins of class-they played hangman. I was guessing letters and I just happened to choose the right letters 3 times.They would clap when I got it right and then they asked me to guess more. Then the student who was at the board told me I couldn't play any more! He thought I knew the answer! I didn't really. and it was simple, too--Friday. They all did their homework in class and I already marked them off and gave them a sticker.

My 3rd class was good. We covered 2 units in our speaking book. We had a lot of opportunities to practice speaking today.

My 4th class was good. Only one person had their homework so I just wrote the answers on the board and let them all copy. One person didn't bring their book to class. They were all quiet today and they did thier work. I had 3 students who were absent. I have one student who has missed every class in summer vacation-4 classes so far.

After class I had to make all the report cards for the students. This month I just had to put one score on the card instead of two. They usually have one writing grade and one speaking grade. This month they have one grade that is the average of speaking and writing. I also had to fill in letter grades for behavior, doing assignments, attendance, contribution. The letters are A, B, C, D, E. I gave one of my students an E for attendance. He only came to 2 classes this month. I didn't even give him a grade this month because he didnt show up on any test days. I didn't give him a grade in June either. He only showed up for 4 classes. I gave my level 3 and level 9 class a B for behavior.

No comments: