Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 240

August 14 Friday

I was so hungry! When I got to Gusan it was 5 mins till 9 so I decided to go to McDonalds. Their breakfast menu sucks! They only have like 5 choices. They don't have biscuits or mcgriddles which is what I would order in America. All they have are various things on a mcmuffin, hot cakes(pancakes), and big breakfast set. I got the big breakfast which consists of scrambled eggs, sausage patty, mcmuffin, hash browns, and jam. I'm not too fond of the mcmuffin but I ate it anyway.

My first class was good as always. One of my students changed his name to marshmellow. On Wednesday he was cookie. Today we were talking about weddings in the usa in our material. They asked tons of questions-whats a bride, whats a groom, whats a bouquet, etc.

My 2nd class was good also. We took a test then the students asked if we could play a game. I told them we had to finish our unit-we only had 2 pages to cover. Then I let them play a game. We played the English game. I wrote the words on the board and I didn't help them come up with the words. They are so funny. Lets say the letter E came up-we've already used the obvious choices for "E"-ears, eyes, elephant..so they start using 'elephant brother, elephant uncle, etc'...its hilarious! We played that game for about 10 minutes and they did a good job coming up with simple words.

In my 3rd class we covered a lot of material. We were able to cover more than I had originally planned to do. The class goes really fast when you have upper level students and no distractions. I don't have to stop to explain things, read slower, or stop for behavior problems. This is my highest level and they do really well with the material.

My 4th class was good. Today we did a writing unit. First I gave them a test. On wednesday i gave them the exact pages to study for their test. When I gave them the test today some of them said "what's this?" and I said "I wrote the page numbers on the board for you to study". Most of them did pretty good. Scores ranged from 4 to 10. We covered a writing review unit today in class. I stopped early and gave them some free time because they were asking for it.

While I was at the gym I was watching "Momma's Boys." Wow. I feel bad for one of the guys. His name is JoJo and he's really handsome, but his mom is crazy! The girls didn't like her from the start because she had a list of different kinds of girls her son shouldn't date. She said "I dont want a black, asian, jewish, etc". One of the black girls called her out on it and they got into an argument and the mom hates that girl. I won't get to see it anymore! It comes on right now on Fridays at 5. I'll be back on my night schedule.

After the gym I decided to go shoe shopping. I went to the mall at world cup stadium. There were lots of stores that sold tennis shoes. I didn't like most of them because they had pink or blue or some other color stripes. I need a shoe that matches with anything. After much looking I finally picked out a black pair of Converse shoes. They costed 69,000 won. ($55)I thought that was a decent price for a pair of tennis shoes.

I have my first korean lesson tomorrow at 3pm in Hongdae. Me and Lesley are being taught by a Korean that works at her school. He's going to find a textbook for us to work out of.

Tomorrow night I'm going to the soccer game. I love going to the soccer games. This will be my 3rd game so far. I love how they have so much team spirit. They are constantly cheering during the game. I like their theme song also. I dont know what they say but its to the tune of "if youre happy and you know it". I'm not going to take my camera to this game. I think I already have enough soccer pictures from the 2 previous games.

I ate 3 meals from McDonalds today. That is so horrible! What is my problem?

No comments: