Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 234 meeting another guy from MySpace

August 8 Saturday

Today I met a guy from MySpace. I generally have a rule that I don't meet people from MySpace, but he kinda begged and I didn't feel threatened by reading any of his emails so I gave it a chance. I was just meeting him as a friend. We established that from the beginning.

(I'm not here looking for love. I'm leaving in 7 months! That's one reason I'm so hesitant to ask out the cute Korean guy even though I really want to. Who says he would even like me anyway? I don't think 7 months is enough time to build a successful relationship esp when my free time is very limited and how could you ask someone to move to America to live with you after 7 months of dating? and I'm not becoming a South Korean citizen anytime soon!)

He is 32 from Morocco. He has 9 brothers and sisters! 4 boys and 5 girls. He is child number 7. His native language is French. He has an accounting degree. He speaks 5 languages. He lives near Itaewon. He has traveled to and lived in a lot of countries.He lived in the Netherlands for 8 years. He lived in Turkey for a while. He lived in Malaysia. He's lived in Seoul for the past 2 years. He starts a new job in Seoul in September as a trader.

We decided to meet in Itaewon at 3pm for lunch. We were going to eat at Gekkos. He texted me while I was on the subway and told me that he had already eaten lunch(he told me he was hungry and couldn't wait). He asked if it was okay if he was there with me while I ate. I said that was fine.

I had seen his picture on MySpace so when I saw him I recognized him. He recognized me too.

We went straight to Gekkos. He had a coke. I had a coke and a cheeseburger. We were there for over an hour just talking and I was eating and talking. We talked about all kinds of things.

He's really smart and able to carry on a conversation about almost anything. He has lived in many countries. He's also told me about all the places he's visited.

I feel dumb talking to him. He just seems to be so educated and well rounded. I don't have an opinion on a lot of the topics or a lot of knowledge on the subjects. Plus I'm not good at making conversation.

I was just planning on having a short meeting and leaving after lunch. He wanted to eat dinner together. I told him I didn't eat dinner till around 9 or 10 and that was fine with him.

After Gekkos he wanted to play pool. We went to a pub called Scrooge. Its a sports pub where people go to watch rugby. I'd been there before with Lesley. We watched some Korean guys playing pool and he put our name on the board to play next. I suck at pool. I actually won 2 of the games but only because he knocked the white ball in the hole, not because I was good. We played 3 games. Then someone had written their name to be next. They would play the winner which was me but I didn't want to play so I told him to play while I watched. He is really good. He was telling me how he used to play in tournaments. He won 2 or 3 games in a row. Then we just sat there for a long time watching pool and talking about all kinds of things.

One of the subjects we were talking about was past relationships. He (like everyone else) finds it odd that I've never been in a serious relationship. They can't believe it. They obviously see something that guys don't see. I think guys just take one look at me and because of my appearance think that I'm not worth knowing. He asked why didn't I date in high school. I told him I was very quiet and lonely in high school and that I didn't get asked out. I also said I was very busy. I don't see how I would have had time for dating. I was constantly on the go with chorus and marching band. Plus looking back at high school I don't remember actually seeing many people who I wanted to date. I personally think its because I'm shy and fat(i didn't tell him that reason).(I know I need to lose weight. i don't know what my problem is!)I feel like that has stunted my relationship potential. I think now I'm finally to the point where I'm not looking for love because I haven't been able to find it yet. I don't know if I'm capable of having a successful relationship because I've never had one. Would guys want to date someone who has no dating experience? They would say there has to be something wrong with me because I haven't dated. Part of me just doesn't care and part of me wants to feel loved. In a few years I'll just stop caring. I'm almost there!

Then we went to Myeong-dong to eat dinner. We walked around for a little while then we went to eat at Pizza Mall. I had bologna cheese spaghetti. It was good. Then we talked some more and then we made it back to the subway around 11pm so we could catch the last train home.

We ended up hanging out for 8 hours total.


No comments: