Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 243

Monday August 17

I get to return to normal life on Wednesday! I am so glad I dont have any more morning classes after Tuesday!

I can pay my bills on Wednesday before going to class...one of them is due on Thursday so I'm paying it right on time!

My first class was good. We started a new unit talking about things like swimming pool, library, school and using directions "the library is next to the school". They didn't know what a library was. I drew pictures and explained and I think they understand now. They tried to rush me at the end of class because they wanted to play a game. We were at a good stopping point anyway. Then I gave them their homework. They like to do their homework in class and they love getting their sticker for doing it. When they got finished with their homework there wasnt enough time for a game.

My 2nd class acted the same way they always do. I'm up there talking and the boys are carrying on amongst themselves. The girl is the only one listening. Then when it gets to the activity part where they apply what they learned they dont have a clue what's going on. They begged for a game. We finished what I wanted to cover so I let them play for a few mins although they didn't deserve it. They never understand what it means when I say "if you are good you can play a game" There won't be a game on Wednesday!! We are going to cover as much as possible even if they arent listening. They told me "you let the other class play a game for 15 minutues." I told them "that class was good, didnt talk during class and paid attention so they got a game"

In my 3rd class neither of the boys had their homework so we covered it in class. They had funny answers to questions. In the book there is a part where you interview your classmate. Today's topic was 'favorite animal'. One of the students couldn't think of his favorite animal. It took him forever to come up with an answer. He would say 'my favorite animal is...then pause and look around the room to see if he could find any animal names. After thinking for a long time he came up with 'frog' from the alphabet chart in the room. One of the questions was what does it look like "It looks like a frog." Then where does it live? in the water. Do you want it as a pet? no because I don't have a lake. Then he asked the other student. The other student's favorite animal was a dog. What does it look like? It looks like a cat. Where does it live? On the ground. What does it eat? anything. Do you want it as a pet? No because it pees and its dirty. I assigned their essays today. I think it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

This months topic for all classes is "create an imaginary animal"..it can be as crazy as they want it to be. I can't wait to read all the essays.

I was done with classes at 2:05. Then I sat there and planned out all my classes for Tuesday and Wednesday. Made all the homework and printed out tests for 3 of my classes. I am way ahead! Tomorrow I won't have to plan anything because I already planned for Wednesday!

I went to the gym after school. They were having a photo shoot with Mr. Lee in the gym. He said hello to me in English. Thats the closest I'll ever get to a celebrity. I actually see him quite frequently.

I was tired tonight. I took a long nap. That's really bad!

I'm watching "Confessions of a Shopoholic"..its an okay movie. Some people just don't know how to stop when it comes to shopping! I'm glad I have no credit card debt. I don't even own a credit card. I'm proud of myself.

No comments: