Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 194

June 29 Monday

It was hot today!! Around 3pm it was 84 degrees but felt like 88.(according to The Weather Channel)

I don't know what coward called me at 9:30am. I didn't answer. I don't know who it was because they disabled their info so I couldn't see the number.

It was just an ordinary day. Mondays are usually good. I only have 3 classes.

In my first class we took a test and then we went over 3 pages of material.

In my 2nd class I was giving 3 different tests. There was a makeup test for one student. Then 2 students took a test that covered material from the last class. Its really hard to make tests when students are absent. I can't make them take a test when they missed the material. Then I had a seperate test for my child that missed 2 classes in a row. I also showed him what pages to study in the book so he can take the test that the rest of the class took. I gave him an old test from when he was in another level-I couldnt test him on something he hadn't learned. My 10 year old in that class is so adorable. He's the troublemaker, but he's fun to joke around with. Today he changed his name again. He changes it every class. He told me he wanted to be Koala today. He picks random animals from a poster in the class. Today my students had a lot of energy. They found out that I had colored chalk and they all wanted to write on the board. Later they kept moving around the room-changing desks. We didn't really accomplish anything today in class because of having to give so many tests.

Tonight I had dinner with Johnny Depp. We went to McDonalds. We talk to each other a lot. The other teachers say he talks to me too much. He likes to practice his English. Its good to have someone who does want to talk to me during my breaks when Im bored to death and trying to look at every possible website I can think of. I don't want my readers to get the wrong impression--I don't "like" Johnny Depp. (If you haven't been reading-the real johnny depp does not live in Seoul. A Korean guy picked this name as his English name) If you've been reading for some time you know that I've got my eye on one particular guy although I'm too shy to ask him to hangout. It's complicated.

Its very different here where everyone wants to talk to the foreign person. It's like everyone wants to know everything about me. In the USA I was used to being ignored and now I get tons of attention.

It is so funny when the middle school girls talk to me at school.All they ever say is "hello" and "goodbye" and they giggle a lot.

I can tell that my highest level class don't do their CD rom activities. I gave them a test on what we learned on Wednesday.They both got a 4 out of a possible 10 points. Today we did a writing unit in class. They also got to practice their speaking.There is a part at the end of every lesson where they have to interview their classmate and write a paragraph.

The gym was packed tonight. When I got there at 10pm there was only 1 treadmill open. I got on it for 30 minutes-burned 200 calories. I wanted to cycle also but all the machines were full so I just decided to go home. As I was leaving Lesley was looking for me. She was talking to the PT and looking around. (The PT was wearing shorts tonight-he's got nice legs. ha. am I bad for saying that? He also has nice arms. He's a small guy but he's muscular)She got on the wrong bus and got there later than usual. The PT said I should stay and workout again. I went home.

No comments: