Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 186

June 21 Sunday

I think I slept 12 hours today. I remember turning off the lights around 3:30am. Then I tossed and turned for a little bit. I eventually woke up at 5pm. Yes 5pm. I slept half of the day away, but it felt good.

I havent done much. I watched the cd roms for my classes. I'm going to prepare for my classes soon. Pick information off of the cd rom to use in class. I really like the 'welcome to america' series we started at my school. I wish all the classes could use it-its better than the 'twist and shout' that half of my classes are using. I like it because it comes with the cd rom. I'll cover the info in class then assign the cd rom as homework so they will get to hear the material again. It also provides a lot of speaking activities for the children to do. I just wish I could have all the extra materials that go along with the program-class cds, teacher's guide, workbook, and flashcards (I would purchase it on my own but it would be well over 100,000 for the 3 levels I teach.I shouldn't have to use my own money for teaching materials). I know the school won't purchase those things for me. All I have is the student book. I'm teaching out of the student book. There are questions in the book where you have to listen to the cd and circle the correct answer. I guess I'll have to make something up for those parts because i dont even have the cds. There are other parts where they are suppose to sing the song, but I dont have cds. The song is on their cd rom so they will have to listen at home. And I won't really know who is listening at home and who is just forging the signature or just asking their parent to sign without listening.

I have essays due this week. Monday, Tues, and Wed. If they don't turn it in I'm going to get the Korean teacher to call their parents. I've already had one student who didn't turn theirs in but I'll cut him some slack this time since he is a brand new student.

I ended up not going to the soccer game. I really wanted to go, but I didn't want to go in the rain. There will still be other games I can go to between now and November when soccer season ends.

I wanted to get out and go somewhere today, but I decided to stay in and sleep. I'll probably be spending the next month at home. I don't like going places in the rain. I like to take pictures and I'm not going to risk messing up my camera by getting it wet.

No comments: