Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 179

June 14 Sunday

I didn't have enough motivation to go to the gym today.

I just sat around the house. I went to bed after 6am. I set my alarm for 2:30 pm but I didnt want to get up so I stayed in bed till 5:00pm.haha.

I finally cleaned up my kitchen area. It was messy. And there's no telling how long those dishes had been in the sink. I hate washing dishes! I've had a dishwasher in the last 3 places I lived (in the us) since 2005 and now I dont have one! I have to wash it the old fashioned way!

I tried to plan my vacation today. I sent a deposit for 3 nights at the guesthouse in Jeju. I havent planned my transportation yet. The transportation is ridiculous! The cheapest plane ticket I could find was around 180,000 won ($143). I don't want to pay that much for a 1 hour flight! I'm trying to keep my costs down.

My hotel room is going to be 150,000 won for 3 nights. I could have gotten it cheaper-30,000 a night to share a room with someone, but I'm afraid of sharing a room. You never know who you can trust these days. I have a lock that I can put on my lugguage, but hey they could take my whole suitcase while I'm not in the room.

I may end up taking the ferry-Its about 100,000 cheaper than the plane. I booked my accomadations for Mon-Thurs. The Ferry leaves on Monday,Wed, Friday. If I left on Monday I wouldnt get there till Tuesday. I think I may leave on a Friday and arrive on Saturday morn. Then take a chance on finding a love motel on Saturday and Sunday night. Shouldnt be that hard-they are a lot of them and they are pretty cheap. Then I could leave on the ferry on Thurs and arrive home on Friday.

The ferry is 70,000 for a 2nd class room. My hotel room is 150,000. I'll have to find a love motel for 2 nights which Im thinking will probably be 40,000 a night so another 80,000. I'm going on 2 tours which cost 48,000 each. All of this comes up to 396,000 won. Then if I spend around 100,000 won for food and transportation over a 5 night/6 day trip then I can stay under my 500,000 ($399) vacation budget. Hopefully I can do this. I'll spend 600,000 ($479) if I have to.

No comments: