Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 167

June 2 Tuesday

Oh my goodness. My job is driving me crazy!

So class starts at 5:50. Its 6:00pm and the korean teacher is still sitting at her desk preparing things for class. Then she goes to class and comes out to make copies. I am always in class for the full amount.

In my first class I had a new student. There were 3 students who moved from another level who were absent from my class. We had a productive class today. There were 4 students and they were all good. The person who usually caused trouble in that class moved to the next level.

I was looking over my rolls today. I actually have one student who moved down a level. I have another student who moved up 2 levels. I have one student who I guess isn't at the school anymore. He wasn't on any of my lists. One of my classes is going to be big. In my level 8 class I have 12 people on the roll. There was 9 in that class before, but 3 from level 7 moved up to 8. Only one person from 8 moved up to level 9.

My 2nd class is boring. I'm finished with the book so today we just reviewed. There were 2 students from level 5 who moved up. Today we just went over a unit that level 6 just finished. The others students who had been in that class were telling me "we've already done this." I said we were reviewing. I hate it! Why did I have such small amount of material to teach in such a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time??!! This is one reason I hate my job!! After we reviewed I let them play a game for the rest of class. I tried to get one of my students to make up her writing test. She didn't do it during class. I asked her to bring it to me later. She was absent when I gave the test and I have to give everyone a writing grade. If she doesnt turn it in I'll just give her a zero.

In level 4 I have two girls who are twins and two boys. Today we reviewed unit 9. They were having fun in class today. The girls wanted to come to the front of the classroom and sing the song from the book. So I let them. They sang while the boys laughed hysterically. It was quite funny. They sang it 3 times with the cd. One of the guys was laughing so hard he could have busted out into tears. Then I let them play a game. Some of the students were running their fingernails down the chalkboard. It was making this one guy cringe. He would put his hands over his ears everytime they did it.I don't like that sound either.

In level 7 I had 2 girls. One girl from level 6 moved to level 7. The other was from level 5 and she moved up to 7. At the beginning of class they were asking for candy. I had some chocolate in my desk so I gave it to them. They enjoyed that. After class they were eating chocolate and some of the other students from another class came over and saw it. They wanted some but I didn't have anymore. We went over 2 pages of new material. We were talking about different countries and what you were if you came from that country. For example, I'm from the United States. I'm American. When we got to Mexico they were telling me how a lot of people had the pig virus there. They were teaching me some korean. I dont remember any of it. then I let them have free time. they were drawing pictures of me on the board. When I gave them only a small amount of homework they were telling me how much they love me.

I had a short workout tonight at the gym. I didn't want to do a long workout. I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I hope my package comes soon! My mom sent a package with new workout clothes on the 21st of May. It hasn't arrived yet. I really want my new clothes!! I'm tired of washing my workout clothes every day. I only have one pair of clothes to wear to the gym.

No comments: