Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 168..word of the day: "ejaculate"

June 3 Wednesday

24 weeks.

I'm actually had a good day. I think the moving of students really helps. All my classes are balanced and the troublemakers were moved to a class where they wouldnt be part of the problem. Its great how it worked out.

My first class was productive. I used to only have 2 students. Now there are 7. I have one new student. One student that moved up 2 levels and one student who moved up 1 level to be in that class. The other students just moved from one section to another. My level 5 class is the only class that is split. I have 2 sections of level 5. Today we went over 1 page of material and I felt they really grasped what we went over today. Then I let them play a game for the last 15 minutes of class. They played hangman. The students wanted me to give them words that no one could guess. The hardest one was definatly "extracurricular".haha.

In my 2nd class I had 2 students. one was absent. the girl asked if we could study for 30 mins and then play a game. I agreed. we went over 2 pages of material. Then we played the english game. They did a good job playing the game. Its always hard to come up with words that begin with E though. I had a very funny moment in the class. A word ended in E so the next student had to spell a new word with "E" so she looked up a random word on her phone dictionary. The word she wrote was "ejaculate". I just laughed. They don't even know what the word means.thankfully they didn't even ask what it meant. I'm not going to be the sex ed teacher to a 10 year old boy and 11 year old girl.haha. Out of all the words that started with E she used that one. hilarious.

Today was actually a day when I didn't hate my job. I adore the kids even if they are little devils 20% of the time.

My 3rd class was normal. We just did a few pages of work. We didn't play any games. Some classes never ask to play games. Plus in the class there are 2 quiet boys who only speak when spoken to.

One of the korean teachers went way over her time. I was going to class and the other Korean teacher was still outside the classroom when it was time for class to start. She told me "she's not out yet" so I waited and she finally ended her class at 8:10 which was 10 minutes into my class. So then I went into class. I gave the students a few minutes to have some free time while I got my things organized. The boys in the class kept laughing during class. They love to draw in their books. If there is a person in the book they will do all kinds of things like make blood come out of their eyes or write all sorts of funny things beside it. Then they compare their pictures with everyone else and they laugh at each other's drawings. They were laughing really hard at what one of the girls drew. I don't know what it was but they were interested in it.

Before school started the personal trainer from the gym called me. He kept telling me who he was and I was having a hard time hearing him (he was calling from the gym and I could hear the music in the background so it was hard to hear him). He said "dont forget me." and "do you remember me?"haha.(why would I forget him. I talk to him all the time) It was also funny that he wouldn't hang up first. We said bye to each other then I was waiting for him to hang up and he told me to hang up first.haha. Anyway he wants me to meet him at the gym tomorrow at 10pm. I'm finally doing the dreaded weigh in. hopefully I've lost some weight.

I had a light workout tonight. I was on the eliptical at a moderate pace for 30 minutes and the treadmill for 15 minutes at a slow pace.

I still haven't received my package. I looked in the guard's office and there weren't any packages. I'm getting worried. I think tomorrow will be 2 weeks. Since I moved to Seoul my packages haven't taken more than 7 days to arrive. I really hope its not lost. That stuff was expensive ($140 for items and shipping). And some of it was irreplaceable. I don't want to lose my Winthrop shirt!! And I need new workout clothes!! Maybe it just got held up somewhere. I hope it arrives soon!

No comments: