Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 191....Michael Jackson is dead...

June 26 Friday

I walked in to work today and I was greeted with "did you hear the news?". And Im thinking what are they talking about? and then they tell me "Michael Jackson died. wow.

3 celebs have died this week: Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson.

Classes were good today.

We didn't have time to cover any new material in my first class. We just took 2 tests. They all did pretty good on both tests.

In my 2nd class we took one test then we covered a few pages of material. They got to draw and color today in class.Its my lowest level. Our words were things like shirt, pants, jacket, shoes. They had to listen to the cd. They would say "my shirt is blue" so they had to write blue in the blank and then color it. I was laughing at the cd. The kids didn't think it was funny but it was funny to me. One of the characters said "Im a cowboy. My jacket is brown. My pants are blue. etc" I was laughing because of the accent. It sounded like a southern cowboy.ha. After we studied I let them play a game. The same game that levels 2 and 3 love using the last letter of the previous word. Its great for building vocabulary.

My 3rd class was good. We had 2 tests, went over homework, and then we did 2 pages of a writing unit. I think the 3 girls in the back of the class do thier tests together. They all missed the same questions. "Columbus was a famous inventor" "Bell was a famous explorer" "Henry was a famous queen" haha.(those are their answers)

I finally found episodes of "The Bachelorette" online-I watched one at work tonight. Wow. Men can be just as catty as women. Its crazy. I like most of the guys. I can't stand David-I don't know why she keeps him around. He seems like a real jerk. I think Juan is really cute but all the guys hate him. They also hate Wes-they think he's there for his music career and that he has a girlfriend. I think Tanner is funny with his whole feet obsession. So far I'm up to episode 4. I'm only 2 episodes behind I think so I don't know who is currently still in the running and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

While I was waiting on the train these 3 middle school boys started talking to me. They said hello and wanted to know where I was from. They said I was cute. They asked me if I thought they were handsome. I said yes. Then they said "choose". They assigned numbers to themselves and asked me to choose but I didn't want to choose although I did think number 3 was the most handsome. haha.

I went to the gym alone tonight. I just walked 45 mins on the treadmill. I was searching through the channels and I finally found the channel I was looking for. There's an English movie every Friday night. Tonight I was watching "Pride and Prejudice". I liked it. I only saw 40 mins of it.

Afterwards I went to hangout with 2 of the Korean teachers. I took a taxi to where they were. One of the teachers talked to the taxi driver on the phone and told him where to go. We probably hung out for about an hour. We had chicken and I drank coke and they drank beer. One of the teacher's husband came to pick up his wife and they took me to my officetel. One thing I love about Seoul is how there are tons of places that are open late even a lot that stay open 24 hours. All of the convienent stores are open 24 hours. Its the city that never sleeps. We were at the restaurant till about 12:50am.

I don't have much on the agenda for the weekend. I may go check out a palace on Sunday. Tomorrow I'm going to hangout for Lesley's birthday. We are meeting at a bar and watching a rugby game. I've never seen a rugby game before. I don't even really know what rugby is, but I will find out. The South African team is playing the british and irish lions. (Lesley is from South Africa)

No comments: