Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 187

June 22 Monday

Today is actually going to be a good day. I need one!

My first class was good. We started a new unit. I let them draw and color for one of the activities in the book. The activity asked for them to draw a hat. One drew a cowboy hat and the other drew a police officer hat. (we were learning words like cowboy, firefighter,police officer, etc.) Then I let them play a game. They did good with the english game. I didn't give them any help. Its the same game that a lot of my lower level students like to play. You use a word with the last letter of the last word. Egg-giraffe-excellent, etc.

When I got out of class there was a capri sun and some kind of snack on my desk. I wonder who gave it to us. A lot of people in the office had one so I think its from someone in the office. I was curious about the snack so I tried one. OMG it was nasty!

My 2nd class was good. They didn't bring their essays. They lost the papers. I gave them a new copy and told them to bring it on Wednesday. We started a new book today. They were good and participated but they kept interruping class to ask various off topic questions like "do you like big bang?" Where are you from? They wanted me to show them on the map in the classroom. Then they point to Mexico and say "pig virus." We had a productive class. I hope they do the CD ROM because its really helpful and reinforces what they learned in class. And if they didn't then I'll know because I'm using activities from the CD ROM for the test. If they did it then they will get a good score. If not, then too bad. I let them play a game 30 minutes into class. We played the same game that they played in the first class. The loser of the game had to buy a snack for the class (there were only 2 students today). I lost-i repeated a word that had already been used. When we were going down the stairs 2 students heard that we were going to get food and they wanted some too so I got some for them. I told them they better be good in my class on Wednesday! haha. I didn't mind getting it for 2 extra students-it was only 1,000 won (about $1).

I had a decent workout at the gym. Almost all of the machines at the gym were full so I cycled for 40 minutes. I cycled 19.6 km (12 miles). I actually tried a higher level-I was cyling on level 6 and 7. I almost burned 200 calories.

I saw the Korean celebrity again. He was at the gym. (Mr. Lee). Lee Hun 이 훈 . He smiled and nodded at me when he caught me glancing over at him while he was working out.haha.

Go to www.naver.com and copy/paste this: 이 훈 a lot of pictures will come up once you click on his picture.

No comments: