Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 188

June 23 Tuesday

I am so stressed out. I don't want to feel this way!

So I have collected essays in 7 of my classes classes so far and I have a total of 6 essays. I think I have around 50 kids in all. I'm giving them one extra day then I'm giving up and calling their parents. well I wont be calling but having someone do it for me. I have to assign it but they won't turn it in. One of the students in my class told me I didn't give one to her. I know I did. I gave her another copy. Then when I ask for it some of the kids just pull out the piece of paper where they haven't written anything.

My first class was good. We had lots of speaking time in class. They all participated. The lesson went well I think. Only one of the 3 students did their exercises on their cdrom. No one brought their essay.

We didn't get anything accomplished in my 2nd class. 1 person brought their essay. 2 students were absent and my student who missed 3 classes is finally back. I gave them a test and it took up most of the class time. Then I just let them have free time.

My 3rd class is horrible! I have to keep telling them to be quiet. Some one came and knocked on our door and asked me to make them be quiet. I'm trying. I yell at them constantly. They won't quit talking in Korean. Then I have this one kid who is always late so I'm waiting on him to finish the test so I can start class and he is just chatting away with the boy next to him. I had to tell him to finish his test. Today we only got one page of material done. I'm going to tell the Korean teacher that they wouldn't behave in my class. I'll let her deal with them.

My 4th class was good except for the students rushing the lesson. Both students had their essays today. I guess today's lesson was just too easy because they were doing it fast. They also like to read the material fast-They always want class to be over fast so they can have free time. At least they comprehend the material. I guess thats all that matters-that they understand.

My 5th class was being bad. Last speaking class I brought in my laptop to show them the lesson. Today one of the students was begging for me to bring it again. I wouldn't. Its too much trouble to have to carry my laptop to class although it would be helpful for the lesson. The students wouldnt do the activities correctly. I asked them to read together as a class. They read each sentence one by one. 4 students. so I would say "I do the dishes everyday". Then they should read it together as a class but instead they read it one by one. frustrating. I told them to read together but they didn't listen. Then I actually gave them speaking time and they wouldn't do it correctly. If any of the parents complain again about not speaking enough I'll tell them that I give them opportunities but they refuse to do it. I wonder if they will actually do the activities on the cdrom. If they don't then they are only hurting themselves because whats on the cd will be on the test. I'm going to tell the Korean teacher that the students wouldn't behave in my class and let her deal with them.

I think I need a stick like the Korean teachers.I don't think having a stick would be a good idea for me. I might hit them too hard. Then its child abuse. I'd love to just beat the mess out of them. I'm not a violent person. really. I wish there was something I could do to make these kids behave. Their parents need to teach them some respect! They are driving me crazy! I still have 7 1/2 months of this crap!! How will I ever survive?

After Thursday I'm throwing a whole lot of work at the Korean teachers. I know most of my students wont turn in their essay so the Korean teacher is going to have a long list of people to call.

I have to start making writing tests tomorrow. yuck! I hate writing tests. They take up all of the class time because even though the test is always the same format they still don't understand.

I think I need to start making the tests ridiculously hard. Then everyone will wonder why they are getting bad grades. If they don't turn in their essay after the teacher calls their parents then I'm just going to give them an "F" for their assignment grade. I'm tired of being nice. Then maybe their parents will notice that they aren't doing their work and they will knock some sense into them.

No comments: