Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 195

June 30 Tuesday

Why am I still up on Wednesday at 6am? cause im crazy! Its light outside and I haven't went to bed. Less than 6 hrs of sleep. yikes.

I got another funny essay today.It wasn't in complete sentences.

What is your favorite animal? Lamb
What does it look like? Rice
What does it eat? Pizza
Where does it live? Yeokchon (Seoul)

Oh my. A lamb that looks like rice and eats pizza. Still doesn't beat the unicorn.

I got a text message from the gym (in korean). Its usually from the gym number but today it looked like it came from a cell phone number. I asked one of the teachers to tell me what it said but she wasn't really helpful. She said something about 'giving their regards'. man-I want you to translate it! I'm going to ask the front desk guy about it tomorrow if he's not busy. I wanted to ask him tonight but he was busy when I came in and when I left. I think the message might have been from him bc it was from a fitness counselor and I think some of the characters in the text look like it could be his name. I'll ask. I know its from the gym bc all the gym text messages have the gym name at the top of the message.

I had a decent day. Didn't get much accomplished because of all the darn tests.

In my first class one student was late and one student was absent. When they have a big test at school they skip my class and stay home and study. I had one student who missed Thursday and I had to give him makeup tests today. He told me he stayed home to study for a school test. I gave 2 seperate tests. The student who was absent took the whole class time to do the tests so we didn't learn anything. The boys in the class (2 of them) kept telling me that I was pretty, beautiful, happy, and good.haha.

In my 2nd class they didn't want to study. We had to review so we reviewed and then they had free time. There is one student in the class who was absent today. I don't even know what to test him on. He's missed so many classes. I will tell the teachers that there's no way to give him a grade. He's missed 5 classes. If they dont like it then oh well.

In my 3rd class there were 2 students who were absent and 2 who were late. I had to give 2 makeup tests in this class also. After the tests were finished there wasn't enough time to learn anything bc we only had 2 minutes left.

In my 4th class we had a short test then we studied 2 pages of new material. Then they had free time for the rest of class.

In my 5th class I gave a test. They all did poorly so I went over the answers and we are going to take the test again on Thursday. They were being loud while I was grading their tests and one of the teachers came over to talk to them. She told them they can't speak korean any more in my class. If they do I can punish them. One of the boys still spoke in korean twice. I didnt punish him though. They were more cooperative today in my class. I actually got them to read as a class.

I went to the gym alone tonight. It was Lesley's boyfriends birthday so she was with him. I just walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes and burned about 275 calories. I think the Korean celeb is going to be at the gym tomorrow for a class. I'm going to take my camera. Hopefully he is still there when I get there and I'm not too shy to ask for a photo. I may try to get a pic of the PT and the front desk guy.

When I went out I was looking in my bookbag and I realized that I left my purse at school. I'm always rushing out and I left it. I texted one of the teachers to make sure it was at school. She said it was.Good I didn't lose it elsewhere!

I watched The Bachelorette. Jake came back to tattle on Wes. She still chose Wes. We didn't get to see any of the footage of her meeting his family. Then she got another surprise. Ed was back. She let him come to the rose ceremony and he got a rose. I like Ed. And she seems to really like him. My pick for final 2 are Ed and Reid. Reid is so cute with his glasses.hehe. I hate that I have to wait a week to see what happens!

No comments: