Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 196

July 1 Wednesday

The weather channel predicted isolated thunderstorms for monday, tues, and wed but there haven't been any yet. I'm not complaining though.

In my first class one of my students told me that his essay ran away. okay. I had one new student in my class. We just went over a few pages of material. They were being loud at times but they were pretty good.

On Monday I told the 10 yr old to study 2 pages in the book for his test. I asked him today if he studied. He said no. I gave him the test but he wouldnt ever do it so I told him to study and I'd give it to him on Monday. I need to give him another test or his average will be a 20. He needs to do good on another test so I won't have to give him a 20. I doubt he will study and will end up with a bad grade anyway.Today his name was King Kong. My kids are silly.

In my 3rd class we just went over a speaking unit. We were talking about chores. Both of my students, 13 year old boys, don't do chores.

In my 4th class I had to give 2 tests to students who were absent on Thursday. They both made a 50. Then we went over 2 pages of material and then I let them play a game for about 10 minutes. They played hangman.

At the gym I was on the eliptical for 30 minutes and the bike for 20 mins. burned about 200 calories. Today at the gym they were having some sort of popularity contest. There were these boards with all of the employees pictures. They gave us a sticker and said put the sticker beside the best person. I put it on the PT. It looked like the PT and the front desk guy had the most stickers when I left.

I think I'm actually going to bed at 3am! I got less than 6 hrs of sleep last night but I wasn't tired during the day. I'm going to get plenty of sleep now. I'll wake up at noon.

No comments: