Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 203

July 8 Wednesday

I left work at 9pm tonight! I'm only suppose to be staying at work from 2-9pm. My school is so out of the loop-I had been staying till 9:30 bc thats what time I was told I could leave.

The person in charge at Nokbeon is still begging for my receipts.(Do I really get all of the money back from paying my bills? It just seems odd. The teacher at my school says they need my receipts because I get all the money back. When she was telling me that I was looking at her like I was confused) I gave my receipts to the person in charge at my school. I asked the person at my school if I could get them so I could take them to the person at Nokbeon. She told me she would take them there. ok. I don't think she really understands me when I talk to her. The person in charge at my school has really bad English skills.

I have to go to Nokbeon tomorrow to sign for my payroll. The only problem is that I don't know what time Im suppose to be there. I asked the person in charge what time I need to come and she said "I'll have to talk to the person in charge". I thought she WAS the person in charge. It will probably be the same old crap as usual. She will probably call me at 1pm and ask if I can be there by 1:30pm or something like that. I asked today so I could know in advance. Advance notice is a foreign term over here. seriously.

Classes were decent today, except for my level 3 class.

My first class was good. I have one new student so I have a total of 9 students in that class-3 girls and 6 boys. They are actually pretty well behaved. We were talking about things like next to, across from, and between today. Some of them were begging to participate. They keep saying "me, me". I asked them to write sentences for homework using between, next to and across from using a map in their book. I gave most of them credit if they said they did their activities on the CD ROM. I have no way of knowing if they actually did it. One boy actually told me he didn't do it. Most of the other students said they did do the activity. One of the students said the CD was funny so at least he looked at it.

My 2nd class was being very bad today. They basically ignored me all during class. They wouldn't read and they kept talking to each other. I kept telling them to read and they wouldn't pay attention. Its like I wasn't even there. I was getting fustrated with them and they didn't seem to care. Today's lesson was probably a waste of time, but I'm not doing the lesson over. I'll give them a test and if they didn't do their homework then they will have a bad grade. They were constantly asking for a game. I told them they weren't getting a game today because they were bad. I even told them that I was going to let the Korean teacher punish them but that didnt seem to matter to them. I told the Korean teacher that they were bad and all she did was make them say "Im sorry. I will be good". Great-the forced apology. They only said it because she made them.

My 3rd class was good. They both didn't do their homework. The incentive program means nothing to them. They didn't do the previous 2 homework assignments so they are automatically out of the running for a reward. We just did 2 units in our speaking book today.

My 4th class was pretty good. One of my students told me she lost her book. I just gave it to her last week! I made a copy for her. Then another student never brings his book to class. I let him use a book that was an extra for a student who has been absent 3 times and doesnt have the book yet. We went over a few pages in the book then I let them have the last 8 mins of class as free time. They played hangman. I didn't check homework in the class because I didn't assign any last time.

I left school at 9pm and headed to the gym.

I walked on the treadmill at various inclines all the way up to 6.0 and a speed of at least 4.5 km/h. I walked for 40 minutes and burned about 300 calories. Then I cycled for 20 mins and burned 100 calories. So I burned 400 calories, but it doesn't even help if I don't eat the right things. I guess I don't go to the gym to lose weight right now. I need to eat better, but its hard esp when I dont have the resources I would have in America (food that I like!) I think going to the gym just a way to destress. I actually enjoy going. I usually go 6 times a week and work out for at least 30 minutes. Most days I do an hour of exercise. I only do cardio-bike, treadmill or eliptical.

No comments: