Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 220...first official day of vacation!

July 25 Saturday

I'm finally to the halfway mark! I have an app on facebook that counts down my days. I put in March 1st as my coming home date. (it could possibly be a day or two earlier). Our sessions go from March to end of August and then September to end of Feb. My last official day of teaching is February 27. My countdown says that I have 218 days left!

I am a serious nightowl. I went to bed at 6am. I finally got up at 5pm.

I don't have anything on the agenda for today. I wanted to get out and do something, but I decided to sleep in. I have to have at least one day where I can just sleep in and do nothing all day.

I still haven't decided what attractions I want to see on what days and if I want to see more than one thing in a day. I need to plan that out.

The only thing that is planned so far is Thursday. Namsan Tower (Seoul Tower). You can ride up the tower and see a view of Seoul. I'll take a lot of pictures.

I'll do my indoor activities in the beginning of the week since the forecast is calling for rain(but a lot of times it says it will rain but it doesnt). The end of the week is suppose to be nice so I'll save it for things like the zoo and palaces.

Indoor: Aquarium, 63 building,

Outdoor: Zoo, beach, palaces, maybe Everland or LotteWorld(theme parks), royal tomb, prehistoric site

So this week I'm playing the part of a Seoul tourist. There are so many things to see here. Staying here will save me a lot of money. No hotels or airline fees. I just have to pay the subway fares to get from place to place and the admission fees.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thank you for the blog! I will be leaving Chicago next week to teach in Gumi. Your insights into the ESL you are working with have helped boost my confidence. Enjoy your VACATION!
kanterburykat.blogspot.com