Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 212...take me to a place without no name

July 17 Friday

There was a 25 sec clip of an unreleased song from Michael Jackson on the internet. The song has the same melody as "horse with no name". In the song he says "take me to a place without no name". Wow thats some bad grammar-double negative. Also there was new footage released of when MJ got his head burned from a Pepsi commercial in 1984. Why would someone want to release that? Thats just wrong. The video shows his hair catching on fire when the pyrotechnics went off.

My first class was good. First I gave back some paperwork(howework/tests). Then we took a test. The students were well behaved and participated so that was good. I gave everyone a sticker since I didnt assign any homework to be due today. Last time I didnt cover what I made homework for. (homework was for unit 4 and I wasn't able to finish unit 3). So I just gave them their essay which is due on Wednesday. One of my students said he didn't know how to do the essay so I went over the questions and told him how to write the sentences. Since they were good I gave them less homework than I had planned.

My 2nd class was good. We are learning about the days of the week and weather. They all participated in class and were good. We took a test on what we covered last time. I gave them hints.haha. We finished the unit today. I gave them their essays and they wrote them in class. I wrote the questions on the board and showed them how to write the answer in a sentence. Its basically like writing the essay for them but they are the lowest level. Hopefully it will stick with them and they learn how to write complete sentences and how to answer a question.

My 3rd class was pretty good. They are always asking for free time. The boys play with their nintendo ds during break. They have 10 minutes between classes so I dont give them extra time. Today we took a test and we went over a writing unit. The class was very well behaved. No problems at all.

On friday we start a new schedule working 9-5. The day schedule for summer vacation. I'll be on a day schedule for one day then I'll go on vacation. Its weird to start a new schedule on a Friday.


One week till my vacation starts!!! I am so ready!! Its funny how they all call it a holiday. Its not a holiday-its a vacation. Holidays and vacations are 2 distinct things.

No comments: