Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 201

July 6 Monday

Lesley told me today that all the foreign teachers only work 7 hours a day. Why do I have to be at school for 7 1/2? I sent an email to the person in charge and asked her why I have to work more. I also asked if I can leave at 9 instead of 9:30. My contract says that my working hours are from 2pm till 9pm. I have classes until 9:10 on Tues and Thurs but I want to be able to leave right after.

The boys in my classes are always telling me I'm beautiful. how sweet. One of my kids was talking to me today during my break and he said "you're beautiful" Then he left. Why is it that only 12 and 13 year old boys think I'm attractive?? Maybe they like variety. Basically all the girls in SK look alike. The Korean men can say 'i like skinny girls with black hair and brown eyes'-That sums up most of the korean women. In America there's so much more variety.

In my 1st class 2 students got stickers for having their homework. So far I have one student who is out of the running for getting a homework prize. The new student had trouble with the test today. Last class I spent a lot of time on 'that's' and 'those are'.That's my hat. Those are my boots. She was guessing and acted like she'd never seen that concept before. She got 6 out of 10 right. Next class I need to give a lot of speaking time because I didn't today. Its hard to do partner work when you have 3 kids. I'll just have to think of a way to let all 3 of them ask each other questions. They all did their homework in the last few mins of class so they all get a check on homework for Friday. I hope they actually do their listening homework that i gave them. They had to listen to 3 tracks on their cd for homework.

I don't think the rules are going to mean anything to my 2nd class. Giving a test and going over rules took up most of my class time so we didn't learn anything new. They weren't paying attention most of the time. I think they will be the ones to break the most rules. No one had their homework today. I assigned the same homework today so they'd have a chance to do it. I even gave them a few mins in class to work on it. One student finished so I marked it off on her homework check. They asked for a game but I told them no. They weren't getting a game because they wouldnt behave.

In my 3rd class we went over a writing unit. They didn't do their homework either-so we did it in class. I gave them the new rules and told them about the homework check.

I found out that on July 22 we start our summer schedule. I heard it from Lesley. I'm sure my school will tell me last minute. The students will be on summer vacation, but they still have to come to our school. I'd hate that! I wonder if we'll have more absences during summer vacation. Since they don't have regular school we will be switching to a morning schedule--9:30-4:30. We have to do that from June 22-August 14. At least I only have to do it for 3 weeks. I'll be on vacation for one week. I've already heard that I'll have to teach an extra conversation class during summer vacation. I'm just going to find conversation questios off the internet and let them ask each other questions for 45 minutes. No teaching on my part-just letting them talk to each other.

I'm going to use my american account to buy a new laptop. I'm going to buy a program from Dell so I can transfer all of my files over to my new laptop. Then I'm going to transfer half of my salary to my american account on Monday. I'm going to leave enough for bills and decide how much I want to put away for savings.

Why are tons of foreign guys emailing me on myspace wanting to meet me? Since I've been in SK I've had a Persian, Moroccan, German, Korean, and others that I've ignored (They all currently live in SK for various reasons). I've told them that I don't like meeting people from Myspace. Some of them just don't give up. THey email over and over and over. I'm not here to meet guys. I'm surely not going to fall in love and move to their country. Plus they are probably just desperate and want to hook up. I don't do hookups. You know what they say about Myspace-'Myspace is the new booty call'. Why are all these guys emailing me? Surely they could find someone better in person. They need to stop hiding behind their computer and get out into the real world and meet someone face to face. One guy actually told me "you're missing out on a good guy who is really good in bed"-see I know exactly what he wanted.

No comments: