Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 211

July 16 Thursday

I spent all of my planning time making tests and homework again today.

We started our new schedule today. Classes started 10 minutes early in the 1st block of classes. Well I screwed it up on the 2nd class!

My first class was pretty good. I gave them a test then we went over a few pages of material. Today we talked about the capitals of South American countries. Then we read a story called "trick or treat". I had to keep telling this one student to quit turning around. he kept talking to the guy behind him.

My 2nd class was good. One of the Korean teachers sat in on my class. She wanted to watch my class. We took a test. I gave them hints. All the students did their homework. Then we covered a lot of material and reviewed. There was a lot of speaking time. The students were well behaved and participated. THe only bad part was that i messed up the schedule. the schedule was posted on the podium but I was looking at the wrong one. I was looking at the Mon/Wed/Fri schedule and I thought class was over at 5:50. It was suppose to be over at 5:35. I went 15 minutes over. Why did we have to start a new schedule???

I told the Korean teacher I was sorry that I took up her time. She said "no problem". I felt bad that I was the one to mess up the schedule. I always go to class on time and end on time and then they change the schedule and I mess it up on the first day.

During my break I graded tests and made homework. I looked over my activities in my writing class and the students were suppose to write in the present progressive. I actually had to look it up on google. I know all the grammar rules, but I don't know the names for them! I looked it up and made out a sheet showing how to write in present progressive and found some exercises for homework from the internet.

My 3rd class was good. We had a test. Went over 3 pages of material then I let them play a game. I can't believe that used to be my worst class. Now they are one of the best classes.

In my 4th class we went over a writing unit. 2 people had their homework. The other 3 didnt do it. One of them showed me that he did do it but he didn't do it correctly so I didnt give him credit. Some of the kids were using their cell phones in class. I told him no cellphones and they said "I was using the dictionary". I told them they didn't need the dictionary for this section. They had to read a paragraph and answer the questions in complete sentences. THey were just playing around on their phones. Some of the students won't do the activities the correct way. Its a writing class but they try to take shortcuts. Instead of writing the whole sentence they will draw arrows from the answer to the question or they wont write the words in the correct order but just number them where they should go. (example: goes/store/she/to) They wont write the sentence but just put a number to show the order.

There was only one student in my last class. one student was absent. We took a test then went over half of a writing unit. It didn't take long to cover present progressive and the 4 pages of the unit. Then she had 20 minutes of free time.

After class I packed up my things quickly and left.

I found a sitcom that I like on a channel called "Fox Life". its called 세친구 "three friends"-its a situation comedy. I watch it some days before I go to school. Its on around 12:30 and 1pm. Its also on at 1:20am. Its in Korean and I dont know what they are saying, but its funny. I just wish I had English subtitles!!

While I was walking on the treadmill at the gym I found a new show on the reality channel.(it came on VH1 Jan-March 09 in the USA) Its called "Tool Academy"-I watched some of the first episode. I only saw a few minutes of it. There were these guys who think they are so hot and they treat their girlfriends like crap and cheat on them. And their girfriends put up with it and complain. The girls say things like "he treats me like crap", "I'm taking care of him and he doesn't have a job","he never includes me in his plans") So their girlfriends brought them to "relationship boot camp".I don't even know why people put up with being treated bad. If a guy treats me bad just one time I'm out. I won't put up with it.

Tool Academy--The nine men, all of whom have been nominated by their respective girlfriends, initially think they are taking part in a competition for the title of "Mr. Awesome." However, shortly after arriving they find out the truth: they are actually being entered into a "charm school" which focuses on teaching them how to behave as boyfriends. Each week, one contestant is eliminated and his girlfriend must choose whether or not to stay with him. The last contestant remaining will win a $100,000 prize and the title of "Mr. Awesome." Relationship counselor Trina Dolenz helps the contestants with their relationship problems and decides who is expelled

No comments: