Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 209

July 14 Tuesday

Today I went to the bank to transfer money. There was only one teller at the time and she was with a customer. After waiting for a few minutes a bank employee sent me to one counter and then she sent me to another counter with someone who could help me. I transferred 1.3 million won and it came out to sending $990. The exchange rate isnt that good. I think my exchange rate was 1297 won =$1 usd. I also paid 2 of my bills: gas and cable.

Today is another heavy rain day.

So Friday they gave us a new timetable for classes. The only problem is that they didn't even tell the students!! Why? They are crazy. So they don't bother to tell me that they haven't told the students until I go to class at the 4:00 posted time. I was sitting at my desk from 2-4 and so were they. Why not tell me then? So we will start the new timetable on Thursday which is crazy since we are moving to mornings next week. When will I get that timetable? last minute? I don't understand anything that goes on here! The people in charge don't know what the heck they are doing and I'm always out of the loop.

2 of my students were absent in my first class. One of the students called the other girl and she was at home. Last time she missed it was raining heavy also. So now she's missed 2 classes in a row. We covered a lot of material today in class. We talked about giving directions to different rooms in a house like "its upstairs next to the bathroom". Today we learned about the White house in Washington, DC also. I showed them where it was on the map. We also learned about countries in South America. We all gathered around the map and wrote the names of the countries. Next class we will go over the capitals of South American countries.

My 2nd class was good. When I went in class one of the students gave me a muffin. It was good. Later another student gave me a snack that looks like fries and it has a picture of a lobster on the front. It tastes a little funny. I guess its made from lobster? I dont know. I took up the homework which everyone had and they all picked out which sticker they wanted. Then they wanted to know where we would start and end in our book. Today I wanted to cover half of the unit-4 pages. We covered all that material in 30 minutes. We talked about chores like clean your shoes, make your bed, feed the pets, etc. I gave them a lot of speaking time. I had to have one group of 3 people since we had an odd number of people today. Then I gave them free time. During free time I graded their homework. I don't give them a grade. I just mark if its right or wrong.

My 3rd class was good. we went over a few pages in the book. They were really well behaved and wanted to participate. We finished a little early and they got to play a game.

My 4th class was pretty short. We finished one unit and started a new unit. I only went over 4 pages today. I should have covered more. I'll make up for it later. After we finished the 4 pages they had about 15 minutes of free time.

My last class was okay. They still won't read together as a class. They like to echo each other. So you have the same thing being said 4 or 5 times. We covered a lot of material today. I think we covered 4 pages of material which is more than I had planned.

Tonight at the gym I walked on the treadmill for 50 minutes. I think I burned about 300 calories (but ruined it when I ate at Burger King). I had originally set the timer for 35 minutes then I was watching "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and I wanted to see what happened. They showed highlights from their very first episode. The first guy was a mess! He was a nice looking guy, but he really needed some help! He wasn't fashionable. His house was disgusting. He admitted to washing his hair about once a month. He actually had a girlfriend. I don't know how he was able to keep a girlfriend with his bad hygiene and his nasty apartment. They transformed his house and gave him a new look.

No comments: