Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 202

July 7 Tuesday

My school drives me crazy! I hate feeling this way! They changed the schedule today but neglected to tell me until the last minute. Actually past last minute if thats possible.

I can't wait until my contract is up. And I'm seriously going to tell them to not contact me as a reference for the school for my potential replacements.I think that teachers who want to teach at my school will just have to take a leap of faith like I did. Its going to be one hell of a ride, but they need to just jump right in without my opinion. I honestly have nothing positive to say. This school is actually worse than my first school. The communication between campuses is horrendus. My school has no clue whats going on half of the time.

Our 2nd round of classes usually starts at 6:50 pm. I went to class today at the normal time and stayed in class for the time that I was suppose to be there. After I came out the korean teacher told me. "we changed the schedule". Every class starts 10 minutes earlier because the shuttle bus schedule changed (they have a shuttle bus that takes kids home). My first class starts at 6:40 and lasts till 7:25. 2nd class goes from 7:30 till 8:15. Last class goes from 8:15 till 9:00.

Ok so why couldn't they tell me BEFORE class? and not AFTER the schedule had already changed. (and they didnt even stick to the schedule!)

Ok so I go into my next class at 7:40 and I have to rush because there is a lot I needed to accomplish but not much time. Plus the students in that class like to rush the class anyway. We actually studied the whole time instead of getting free time. I ended my class at 8:15 because this was the new time. I went out and put my books down and was going to head to my other class. The korean teacher was still in her class when it was suppose to be over. I just stood outside the door for a little while. Then my students wanted me to come back in the class till 8:25. I went back in there and just stood while they wrote on the board. I left the class at 8:23. I talked to the korean teacher at 8:25. I said "does the new schedule start today?" and she said "yes". Then I told her that I ended my class at 8:15 and the other korean teacher was still having class. All she says is "just wait" (for her to get finished). Like its no big deal. They dont start or end classes on time and to them its no big deal. This is crazy!!! Then I go in the class at 8:25 and she says "sorry, I forgot". Then the kids took their break. I had 30 minutes to give them a test, go over 2 pages of homework and start a new unit. At least the students were good today. I didn't get to cover as much as I wanted to.

In my 1st class 2 students had their homework. One of my students told me he lost his cd. oh my. How can I assign homework if they are losing their cd? The other guy in the class didn't do his homework. He obviously hasn't looked at the cd because when I described what happened on the cd he was clueless.

And a student in my 3rd class has lost his cd. I told them to listen to their cd and he says "what cd?" I told him I gave one to everyone when I gave them the books.

In my 3rd class one student is always late and its getting distracting. I didn't get anything accomplished today. I gave a test to the 3 boys who were there on time. I gave them time to study first. They took a while to do the test. Then after we are through with the test and ready to start class the boy comes in late so I have to give him the test..plus time to study since bc of his lateness he hadn't learned that material. by the time he got through class was over. I didn't cover any new material. The only good thing about that class is it went from being the worst to actually a good class.(I think one of the twin girls was one of my main problems..the twins have been absent twice) The boys are all well behaved. One of them is really polite. He always says 'thank you' if I give him a hint or play the cd an extra time so he can fill in the answers. The boys like to ask a lot of questions also. 'do you like this?' 'do you like that?'. At least they are all speaking in English. They didn't speak in Korean at all.

I ordered my new laptop today. I chose bestbuy (online) because they had a Toshiba for $348. I decided to go with something cheaper. I don't need anything fancy-just a basic laptop for email and some Office programs. Toshiba is a popular brand-5th largest computer manufacturer. I also ordered an anti virus program and a program to move things from one computer to another from 2 other websites. The laptop will be shipped to my parents house and they will ship it to me.

I watched "The Bachelorette"..Reid is my favorite...I'm glad Wes is gone! His date in Spain was awful. He wasn't being affectionate at all and he let it slip that he had a girlfriend. And the limo ride--he was bragging how he was the only person who made it that far with a girlfriend. I never liked him from the beginning. I wonder what effect the show will have on his music career. He thinks that it will give him exposure, but I think it would lead people to not like his music after seeing how he was portrayed. I thin it could hurt his dating life in the future. Girls see what kind of person he was and they won't want to be with him. The bachelorette is full of drama.The other 3 guys seem like they are all hesitant to say that they would propose. I hate how they keep showing previews of what's going to happen in the future at the FRC. Its still weeks away but they have to have a way to keep people wanting to see more. the anticipation kills me! I hate waiting for the next show to come on! I think its all scripted anyway. And their editing makes everyone look bad. I'd love to be an editor on the show. I think it would be exciting splicing up everything they said and stringing it together out of context.

I should try out for the bachelor (for laughs because I seriously dont think I would meet the caliber of guy that I need or want), but I know that I'd probably be turned away before I even said anything. I'm nothing like the girls who go on that show. They are all pretty,skinny, and ambitious. That's just not me.I'm not a public person anyway. And I'm a huge cynic! I don't even know if I believe in true love. I just don't belive it can happen to me. I think I'll stop caring in a few years. I think I'm already halfway to the point where I don't even care about being in love. I've already realized that I'm going to be single forever! Nobody wants to be with someone who can't even communicate. Thats a huge weakness for me. And I like constant change-I don't know if I could live with the same person forever.

I'm just waiting on that special someone who will take away all of my doubts and make me believe.

No comments: