Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 213/214

July 18/19 Saturday/Sunday

This weekend was the Watermelon Festival in my hometown. I usually go every year, but I couldn't go this year bc I'm here. Its a very big deal where I come from. Watermelons are our claim to fame. They are abundant and not expensive like they are in South Korea. I was looking at the watermelon selection in E-Mart and the cheapest one was about 13,000 won which is around 12usd. Thats for a normal size watermelon. You can get huge watermelons at a farmer's market in Pageland for about 10usd.

I found some peaches at E-Mart and I decided to get some even though they were expensive. They come in a container of 3. There wasn't an option just to take a few and put them in a bag like in the US. 3 peaches for 3,980 won which comes out to $3.14. Thats $1 for a peach. Their coloring is more yellow than orangish like the ones in SC. They aren't as sweet but they are very juicy.





I also got some peanut bread. I wonder what that tastes like. I got some vegetable chips and they are actually good.

I had a relaxing weekend. I went to 3 places. The gym, Burger King and E-Mart. The rest of my time was spent inside.

Saturday I was in a good mood and the weather was great so I walked home from the gym. I usually take the subway. It was a mild temperature with a breeze. It was raining at various points in the day but not when I was out.

I watch a lot of TV on the weekend. I really like a channel called OnStyle. I keep up with "Rachel Zoe" and "Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency".

I watched "Tool Academy" tonight on one channel. They were testing the guys on fidelity. The guys were getting ready for a photo shoot. They put hidden cameras in the room and then they hired makeup artists to flirt with the men to see what they would do. Some of the guys gave the girls their phone number and some even gave them their room number and told the girls they could come by(that is so wrong! all these guys have girlfriends). One guy kissed the makeup artist. There were a few guys who told the women they had girlfriends and that they weren't interested. One of the guys made a good impression-he wouldn't even take off his shirt in front of the makeup artist. They showed the videos in the therapy session. Then they found out that one of the guys had 2 girlfriends. His other girlfriend showed up. She was an ex that he decided to date while he was dating a new girl. He chose the girl that showed up and his current girlfriend left. I hope I never get into a relationship with these kinds of guys.

5 days till vacation!! I decided to stay home for vacation. I want to do things in Seoul. I'm going to go to the zoo and the aquarium. I might do a Incheon city tour and visit some of the beaches there if there is a day when its not raining. I checked the 10 day forcast and its raining at least 3 days of my vacation.

No comments: