Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 199

July 4 2009

Just a boring Saturday.

I got up at 2pm and went to the gym. walked on the treadmill. used the incline and walked at about 5km per hour and burned around 200 calories.

The only other place I went today was E-Mart. I ate at Mcdonalds and then I bought some things that I will use for prizes. Things like notebooks, pencils, stickers, erasers.

I've just been relaxing.

I think I'll actually get out tomorrow and visit a palace in Seoul. I'm going to take my camera and take a lot of pictures. I'll try out some new settings on my camera to be more creative. Hopefully I'll find some good shots that I can submit to the photo club.I joined the Seoul Photo Club on Flickr. You have to live in Seoul to be in the club. You post pictures and get them critiqued. You also have to comment on other people's photos. I think the criticism will help me to become a better photographer since its a big hobby of mine. Maybe I should be a photo journalist someday.hmm. I've got a long way to go before I'd consider photography as a career. So much to learn. I seriously need to take some photography classes when I get back to the US.

I'm considering buying a new laptop-I'll use the money that I saved by not going on vacation. My laptop is so loud. Its two years old and it seems a bit sluggish and some of the keys are falling off. I was looking at the US Dell site last night. I can get a 15 inch laptop for $399 base price. I'd have to have it shipped to my house in SC and then shipped to me in SK. I looked at the dell website in SK but it was $710 (when converted to USD). (300 dollars more! for the same computer!)...$399 is a great price for a laptop. My current laptop was on sale for $499 and it has been great for 2 years.

No comments: