Monday, November 23, 2009

I miss singing....

I heard that the show "Glee" was really good. I downloaded it and now I'm hooked. I've watched all 10 episodes that have aired so far (in the past 3 days!).

The story is about a glee club at a high school.

I was in a show choir in high school, but mine wasn't nearly as fun as this show. I enjoyed choir in high school. We never did anything highly modern or had any great choreography. We never even had competitions to attend. Choir was my life and it helped me develop the biggest passion in my life: music.

I miss it now. I miss being able to have a group to sing with. Show choir is over after high school. Not that I want to be in show choir anymore, but I want somewhere to use my talents. I know I used them in church choir, but I want to use them more at the professional level and on an international level. I don't want to just be a voice lost somewhere among 100 other singers.

I want to be a professional singer. I want to be sharing my love for singing with the world. I want to open for big acts. I want to be on Ellen, Tyra, and Oprah before she goes off the air.

Music isn't an easy field to get into though. You have to know the right people. You have to make a demo and make sure it gets into someone's hands that will actually listen. Record companies probably get thousands of demos everyday and most of them probably get thrown in the trash. I need more voice lessons. I want to train with the best, but training with the best costs lots of money. Money that I don't have.

How do I get my big break?

I'd love to sing in a band. I could have a solo career but I think I'd like having others to sing with. I think 2 guys and 2 girls would be ideal. Plus electric guitar, drums, keyboard, and maybe something interesting like a violin. I'd love to sing pop and easy listening. Something along the lines of Celine Dion. If I had a solo career I'd love to be as successful as her. I'd love to sing a duet with Josh Groban.

How do I get to that point? I feel like I need this giant voice, but I don't have it. I can sing, but no where near as good as my "idols." How do I get people to like me and buy my albums? I don't write songs so where would I get my material to sing? I'd love to have a song written by Diane Warren or a ton of songs. Every song she writes becomes a hit.

It all seems so unattainable. I don't think anyone believes that I can actually do it. I want to believe that I can be a successful singer, but I don't know how to go about it.

I just want to sing!! I don't want some job that I'm going to complain about all my life and barely pay the bills.

No comments: