Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 321....half of my students were absent again...

Tuesday November 3

I finally finished correcting the student's book reports. I guess she just wanted me to fix their grammar/sentences. That's what I did. Some of them were so bad that I didn't know what the student was trying to say. I finished grading the Thursday conversation test, but I have a problem. I can't find one of the student's papers! I kept them all together so I don't know where it could have went to.

There were 2 students in my first class. I had 3 absent students. One of them was out getting a flu shot. One was home sick with the flu. Today our speaking lesson was on catagories. (fruit, weather, cars, etc.) One of our questions was listing professional sports. One of them said 'badminton.' I wouldn't exactly call that a professional sport but I wrote it on the board. Then later it cracked me up when we were talking about different kinds of cars and one student said 'cement truck'. I don't think that normally comes up in the topic of cars. It was just so odd that she came up with that. I asked them what kind of car they wanted to drive. One said a limosuine and the other one said a bus. We had a good class.

In my 2nd class I had one student. One was absent. He has the flu. The student who was in class looked sick. He was coughing and sneezing. His face was a little red. I hope he doesn't have the flu. Maybe he just had a cold. Today we talked about "what" questions. His favorite food is curry. He wanted to know the spelling and he was describing it to me. He drew pictures on the board and searched the map. He even told me it comes from where Ghandi is from. So I told him it was curry from India. When he grows up he wants to be a math professor. His dad is a math professor. After we got finished we had free time. The lesson was way too short. I helped him with his vocabulary. He asked me to call the words out for him. He would write the word in English and Korean.

My 3rd class was in the computer lab. I only had 3 students. I think one of the boys was listening to music online. He had his bookbag on his desk covering the bottom of the computer screen so I couldnt see what he was doing. The girl was doing her work but the 2 boys weren't doing much. They didn't get finished.

I had 2 students in my last class. 2 students were absent. We covered 2 lessons in the book. Then they had free time. I let them draw on the board and we ended up playing the English word game on the board.

So today I only taught 5 students. I usually only have 11 so half of my students were absent again today.

I finally went back to the gym. I just walked 30 minutes on the treadmill.

No comments: