Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 345

Friday November 27

Today was one of my easy days. Only 3 classes. 12 students in all.

My first class was pretty good. It was our computer lab class. Almost everyone was doing their work. 3 of the girls didn't get finished because they were more interested in talking to one another during class. They just stop working and talk to each other. I had to keep telling them to do their work. I didn't give them a sticker. 2 students actually finished their work.

One of our articles was about a Korean woman who finally passed her written driver's license test after trying 950 times. She's 68 years old. She made a 60 on the test when she finally passed. Goodness. How hard is Korea's written test? Could she be that dumb? She's been trying since 2005 and has spent over 5 million won on application fees.(over 4,000 dollars). Now she has to pass the driver's test. Wonder how long that will take? 950 more times?

My 2nd class was good. I had 2 students and they were both doing their work.

My 3rd class always tries my patience. They are the cause of 90% of my stress. 3 of the 5 students didn't have their book. why why why? I had to keep begging the kids to tell me the answers. I wasn't going to just give them the answers. I would ask over and over for them to tell me the answers. Then only a few people were answering. The boys weren't really participating. All the kids were playing on their cellphones. I kept telling them to close it but they don't listen. They just laugh because I'm yelling at them. They think its hilarious when I get angry. Sometimes I wish I had a stick in this class! They are so disrespectful. We got 4 pages done in class. I assigned one page for homework but I doubt they will do it.

Everything is finally open in Emart. I went up to the 8th floor. When you get up to the 7th floor the escalors are crazy. Normally when you are going from floor to floor there is a normal progression. Get off one and go straight to the other one. When you get to the 7th floor you have to get off and walk through the sports dept and then get on the other escalator. Seems silly to me. They have a new food court which is now on the 8th floor. It used to be on the 6th. I like how they have samples of the food in a glass case so you can see what each dish should look like. (not real samples, plastic sample dishes).I saw a few dishes on the food court menu that I'll try out sometime. There's a bulgogi dish and a dongas plate with a rice omelette. I love rice omlettes! Some of the Koreans were so rude. I was standing at the glass case looking at the choices and they just come up and stand right in front of me like I wasn't even there.

Saturday is meetup #3. I'm going to a Thanksgiving dinner and staying overnight in a pension. Should be fun. I'll get to meet a lot of new people. there are 60 people on the RSVP list. I'm meeting the girl I met last Saturday and we are going to travel together for half of the journey.

I'm going to the DMZ in 2 weeks with the meetup group.

I have a fun outing next weekend also. Its with my recruiter. We are going to LotteWorld which is an amusement park.

No comments: