Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 344

Thursday November 26....

it was Thanksgiving but I didn't celebrate. I had to work. Thanksgiving is not a Korean holiday. It was just a normal day here.

I so did not want to get up early this morning. Those women wanted to meet me at noon so I got up at 11am. I thought about standing them up, but I'm not that kind of person. In hindsight, I wish I had!

Why am I targeted by religious fanatics? If that makes me sound bad then oh well. I just hate it when people won't take no for an answer. I totally understand why people hate Christians. Some of them are too pushy. At least when I told the LDS guy that I wasn't interested he accepted it and just talked to me on a purely social level and with no hidden agenda of hopefully converting me or showing me why what I know is wrong.

My worst fears were true. They were from that crazy church:World Mission Society Church of God. The Christian council of Korea has declared them as heresy.(Beware: If you ever get stopped by someone who is highly stressing the importance of keeping the passover or talking about 'god the mother' RUN. RUN FAST AND DONT LOOK BACK!. )They took me to their church office. They showed me an English video about Passover. They are referring to Jesus' last supper as the Passover. So by partaking in communion you are keeping the passover. They don't call it communion-they call it the passover and you can only partake once a year because there is a verse that says the passover is the 14th day of the first month. She was asking me if I keep the passover. I told her that my church has communion once a month. Then she proceeded to tell me that its wrong to have it once a month because the bible says it can only be on the 14th day of the first month. Then she showed me a verse-"Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:27 By taking communion more than once a year we are doing it in an unworthy manner. CRAZY! They asked me if I wanted to participate in passover and I declined. They also asked if I wanted to study the bible with them more. I also declined. I can't take any more of them pushing their beliefs on me. While I was there they were having lunch also. They had a lot of korean food. I didn't want any of it so I just had rice. They also cooked an egg for me. Then I took a taxi to my school. We didn't set up any more meetings and I didn't give them any of my contact information.

My first class was okay. 2 of the students didn't bring their book. Why are they constantly forgetting their books? Then they are always begging me to have a short class so they can have free time. We aren't there to have free time. One of the students said if you let us have free time we wont ask next time. yeah right. We did 3 pages out of the book and they begged to have the 4th page as homework. I bet they won't do it. I'm so tired of them begging for free time all the time. We are suppose to be studying. When we do study they are constantly talking to each other.

My 2nd class was pretty good. There wasn't anything listed on my lesson plan for today. I didn't want to get ahead in the writing book since we are already doing so little anyway. I looked at my lesson plan and next week was planned as a writing test on the lesson plan, but I gave the test early so I don't have anything to do on that day either. I still have my writing book from last semester so I printed out a lesson from another book to supplement. THey did pretty good on the writing lesson and it was actually enough to last all class. Not some short 2 page 5 questions thats finished in 5 minutes. I think the lesson we did today was actually more beneficial than the crap I teach everyday. I HATE OUR BOOKS! They were doing their work, but constantly talking and laughing in between exercises.

My 3rd class was in the computer lab. When I came into the class they were all looking at other websites. I made them go to the newspaper site. They all did their work. I had to stand over them to make sure they actually do it and don't go to other websites.

My conversation class was unproductive as always. Its a waste of my time. Today our topic was talking about future plans. The 4 boys don't pay attention. They were all playing with their phones. I spend a lot of time telling them to close their phones. They were recording me talking and playing it back in class, also. These boys make me angry! TODAY WAS MY LAST CLASS!!!!!!!!!!PTL!!!! The trouble makers won't practice the conversations the right way. I spend a lot of time typing up the examples and they won't even do it correctly. Only 2 people actually did it the right way because I was their partner. I had to be 2 people's partners because they refused to be partners with each other.

My last class was good. I only had one student. We were doing a writing unit on strong and interesting words,personal narrative and choosing a topic that interests you. He was very good in class and seemed to grasp the material without much help. I gave him a quiz on the online newspaper we did on Tuesday. His method was guessing on each one like einy miney moe. He only got 2 out of 10 questions right. It's a good thing it doesnt count for a grade. He guessed on all of them. He actually enjoyed one part of the writing lesson. He had to use the word bank to add interesting words to a sentence. One of his revised sentences was "The smiling dog chased the trash." He was also having fun with the read and repeat. I'd say a line and he'd say the next. Some times he would end it right before the end and I had to say one word. Example: (him) I went to the...(me)park. He enjoyed that. I played right along with him.

Apparently we aren't having a level test and I'll be using the same books for 3 more months. OH NO! please level up and get new books! If we keep using these books I'm going to have to prepare a lot more material for class. I may teach them some vocabulary or Idioms. I think idioms would be fun.

No comments: