Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 338.....100 days to go

Friday November 20

I'm down to 100 days....double digits are heading my way!

My neighbor moved out of his office today. They were clearing out the room when I was heading out. He was a middle aged soccer coach and his office was the room next to mine. Wonder when I'll get a new neighbor. Hopefully its a good neighbor. My floor is super quiet. I barely even see my neighbors. There was an office to the left and to the right of me. The rest of my neighbors are quiet and I know there are 2 young children who live on this floor. I'm surprised they don't run around in the hall.

Well today was a very easy day. I had too much free time. Is that possible?

Hmm so when did I have free time today? 2-4pm, 5-7pm, 8-9 pm. I only taught 2 50 minute classes. One was just a computer class so I didn't really teach in there.

I'm all for free time, but I just didn't know what to do to fill that time. I was looking at websites, playing games and I watched last night's episode of "The Office". I could have been making tests for next week, but I didn't really feel like doing "real" work. I did get one of them done. I have 3 more to make.

You know, its going to be hard to go back to America and get a 'real' job where I don't have massive amounts of free time where I can do as I please. I sit at my computer and surf the internet and nobody cares. I come and go as I please. I leave school to go out to lunch and supper some days.

My first class was good. I had 6 students in the computer lab. They all did their work and paced themselves where they didn't finish too early. It was actually a good class.

I usually have another class after that in the computer lab, but no students showed up so I had free time.

My last class was pretty good. They were being good in class today. They were participating and trying to get the right answers. 3 of them did really well on their newspaper test. I gave them all 2 stickers for being good. I let them play a game today. We got to a stopping point and they were begging for a game so they played a game for a few minutes. They were getting a little loud at times. I told them if they want more game time they have to be quieter.
______________________________________________

I heard that Oprah is ending her show. Her last show will be in 2011. That's crazy. I'll never get my chance to be on the Oprah show. Once you are on Oprah your career skyrockets. My career will just have to get going without her help!

I need to make a demo. At least now I'd have the money to be able to do one, but what are the chances that someone would actually listen to it?

I heard people saying that a show called "Glee" was good. It premiered while I was in South Korea so I hadn't seen it. I downloaded episodes. I'll have to say I am hooked. In the past 2 days I have watched the first 5 episodes and I can't wait to download more.
I use a program called Graboid and its worth the $30 a month for 500GB of bandwidth. Its awesome! Its more bandwidth than I need, but I can basically download as much as I want. I'm catching up on everything that I'm missing. I've watched tons of TV shows and movies. I'm caught up on all of my TV shows and I can't stand waiting a week to see the next episode!

No comments: