Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 331

Friday November 13

Yes it was Friday the 13th. Some of my students asked me if I was scared. I said no. They wanted to know why. I don't have a reason. Friday the 13th is just a superstition.

The death toll for Swine flu in South Korea is now up to 64.

I had a decent day. I only had 3 classes. 2 good classes and one bad class.

My first class was good. I had 6 students in my computer class. They all did their work. Some of them finished too fast and I made them do comprehension questions. They said the questions were too hard, but they aren't. The answers are in the paragraph. You just have to do some searching and really read it to find the answers. They just dont want to do the work.

I only had 1 student in my 2nd class. She was great. She did all of her work on her own. She got done early but since she was doing what I told her to I let her choose between reading kinder times or doing comprehension questions. She chose to read kinder times. While she was doing her work I was on another computer looking at various news websites.

My 3rd class was my bad class. 2 of them didn't do their homework so I gave them a zero. They didn't do so well on their kinder times test. Today we had a spelling test also. I was going to be nice and give them time to study but they kept talking to each other so I told them to shut their books and we took the test then. If they arent going to use the study time then I'm not going to give it to them. One of the boys was cheating on his test and the girls told on him so I took his paper and gave him a zero. They all did bad on the test as usual. In class the students weren't paying attention most of the time. I'm up there talking and asking them to tell me the answers and they are talking to each other and not paying attention to me. I gave them some of the answers because they wouldnt tell me what the answer was. We had a funny moment later in class. The words are in cursive in the book which they call 'the new alphabet' so I have to write it out in regular print on the board. One of the students thought I was giving answers to the activity so he copied down all the words into his book in the exercise section. Then we all laughed when I told him that I just wrote how to spell each word so he had to erase all of the answers.The girls in the class told me that one of the boys said he didn't like my face. I guess he thinks I'm ugly. Hmm. I don't care.

No comments: