Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 343

Wednesday November 25

I had a pretty decent day.

So I was meeting that woman again today at 1:30pm.She brought her friend with her today. She wanted to meet me today so I could meet her friend. Her friend is also a housewife (a common occupation in South Korea) and will be moving to Oklahoma soon with her husband.They didn't order anything. They had already eaten so they just watched me eat. I had cheese dongas. yum. The woman that I met yesterday gave me 2 persimmons. They started talking about their church. They were asking me if I keep the passover. um no. And they were saying that H1N1 was prophesied in the bible. They wanted to show me some kind of dvd but I didn't have time. I think their purpose of meeting me is to try to convert me to their church. yikes.I just hate when people are trying to convert me. Trying to get me to believe what they believe. I have my own beliefs and there's nothing wrong with what I believe!! I know the truth! They want to meet tomorrow to show me their church and have lunch and show me some dvd. They want to meet at noon. oh my. that means I have to get up early!! OH NO! I'll meet them, but they can't make me change my mind.

My first class was good. We had our writing test. When I give them the test they pretend like they don't know what everything means. Its what we went over in class. If they would study they would know! So I had to explain what things mean. After the test they wanted free time, but I give them too much free time so I decided we were going to do a lesson. I gave them a lesson about Thanksgiving. I had them each read a paragraph and then fill in a worksheet.

My 2nd class was also good. We had a speaking test and a writing test. After the test we also did the same Thanksgiving lesson and filled in the worksheet.

My 3rd class was decent. It was my conversation class. Today I chose a lesson on active and passive voice and past passive voice. It was more of a grammar lesson than a speaking lesson. The 2 boys at the back didn't pay attention most of the time. They goof off as always. No one wanted to practice conversation. At least most of them do their work. Oh well. It was my last class with this group!!

My 3rd class was good. Frustrating at times because they didn't do what I said, but still okay. Last class I told the girls that I would bring them an eraser because they asked for one. They were so excited to get the eraser. I gave one to the other kids also. Today we were working in the computer lab. They were behaving good because I told them if they studied hard I'd let them play a game. They thought it meant they could play a computer game. I told them no. there is a sign in the lab that says no computer games. I gave them directions as to what I wanted them to do. Listen, fill out their worksheet, then the online test. Some of them wouldn't listen. Some of them were doing things out of order. I had to keep reminding them to do it in the order I told them to. I specifically put those questions on the worksheet so they could do good on the online test. They all finished their worksheet and I let them play a game. they had a nice big area to be able to move around. They enjoyed the game time.

I tried one of the persimmons at home. I'd never seen a persimmon before. If you aren't familiar with it-it sorta looks like an orange tomato. I didn't really like it. She said it was sweet, but it didn't really have a taste to me. Very bland.

Persimmons



Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in America....and I have to work...boo hoo....

I'm celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend with a meetup group...we are having a big dinner and staying overnight in a pension-log cabin in the mountains...

94 days....

No comments: