Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 341

Monday November 23

I had an extremely easy day today. Only 2 classes!!

My first class was good. I gave them their online newspaper quiz and well most of them cheated. Oh well. Its not for a grade anyway. I just want to see if they were paying attention during that class. Then I gave them their speaking test. The boy asked to be first. Then he picked the order that everyone else would go in. They all did really well on their speaking test. I gave one girl a 100. She did an execellent job. She used correct grammar and complete sentences. The lowest grade was only a 93 so they all did fantastic. All we did in class was the speaking test.

No one showed up for my 2nd class so I didn't have to teach. I used that time to make one of my writing tests for tomorrow. I also made the online newspaper class work for tomorrow. I could have been more productive, but I just didn't want to.

I also didn't have to go to my next class. The pre middle school students were having their monthly tests.

My last class was pretty good. First, I gave them a spelling test. They were constantly trying to cheat and calling out the spellings to the words but still no one got over a 56. One student had his book open to the words and his book was laying on the floor. I saw him look down after the first word and I put his book on another desk. The highest average in the class for the month was a 56. Thats pathetic. I wish they did better but I can't force them to study. I've done all that I can do. They had good behavior in class today. I didn't let them play a game because we played games twice last week. We only covered one page in class. I just don't know where time goes. They go to HomePlus before class so some students are 5 mins late. I lose 5 mins there. Then I give them time to study so I lose more time. Then they are doing their work too slow. oh well. I told them if they are good and study hard on Wednesday I'll let them play a game. They love saying "Son of a bitch" even though they have no idea what it means besides "dog baby".haha. They wanted me to speak more curse words but I wasn't going to. One boy is always asking me how to spell shut up. I finally just told him how to spell it. Its easy enough he could have figured it out on his own. I wrote it on the board and he took a picture of it with his cell phone. He has a nice touch screen phone. Its funny. 12 year old boys have nicer phones than me!

I've still got to make 3 more writing tests. I hate making tests!!

No comments: