Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 339

Saturday November 21



Pictures (click on the album to view)...a few of them are videos...





Seoul Lantern Festival 2






Christmas decorations in Seoul


A girl from the meetup group wanted to meet me today so we met and went to Insadong. We were going to meet at 2pm but she called me at 1pm and said she was already at the station that we were going to meet at. It was her first subway trip so she wasn't familiar with how long it would take so she left super early. I was already ready so I got on the subway and it took me 30 mins to get there. We just walked around and did some eyeshopping. We also stopped at a cafe called "Hue" and had a little snack. She's a nice girl. She wants to hangout so I'll have someone to hangout with some time. She's only been in SK for 3 months so she hasn't seen much. Today was her first time going to Insadong. We hungout maybe 2 hours.

She wanted to get back to her place before dark. I wasn't ready to go home yet. I went with her to the subway and helped her with finding ticket machines and making sure she got on the train going in the right direction. Then I headed back out because I was going to take the bus home.

I went down to the stream and took some more pictures. They extended the lantern festival so I got some more pictures. I was going to get the bus to lotte department store but I found it while I was walking around. I took pictures and videos of all the extravangant decorations. They had lights that covered the whole store. There were also lights all over the trees and bushes. It was nice.

Then I decided to go inside Lotte Dept store looking for the food court. I rode the escalator up to the 12th floor. While I was there I picked up a map and found out that the food court was on B1 so I took the elevator to the 1st floor and then the escalator to B1. It was very crowded today. I like their food court. You can walk around to each station that sells various kinds of food to see what they offer. Each station has a number and each dish has a number. I chose station 7 and dish number 2 which was a pork cutlet and a rice omlette for 6,500 won ($5.50). Then you go to the cashier and tell them what you want to order and pay. Then you wait for your number to show up on the monitor then you can go to that station and pick up your food. THe food court was packed. I finally found a seat. My meal was delicious! I really like the rice omlette. Its only a 30 minute ride on the bus to get there so I may go more often to the food court and try other things. Then I caught the bus home.

No comments: