Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 335

Tuesday November 17

I'm down to 104 days. Its getting closer and closer. Which brings up a mixture of feelings. I'm ready to go to America to see all the things I've missed: friends, family, fmcog, taco bell, chick fila, walmart, jack in the box, chilis, applebees. I could go on forever. Part of me is sad because I'll be leaving all the friends I've made here. Plus I'm going back to a stagnent econonmy. Thats going to be rough. I'm living the life of luxury here. My housing is provided. I send half of my salary home and I still spend a lot without even making a budget. I'm going to go home in March and go back to being dirt poor and probably settling for a minimum wage job so I can barely pay back the student loans for a degree thats pretty much useless. I'm going to be living with my parents and driving a 1997 car for the rest of my life. Oh and I'll probably be single forever. That's my fear.

My first class was good. I had 2 students. We covered 2 lessons on "what does it mean" and "idioms". We had a good class. Very short. It didn't take long to cover those 2 lessons. They I helped them with their homework and they had free time. They worked on homework for the Korean teacher's class.

My 2nd class was good. Both of my students were present. Today I had to give them a speaking test. I gave them time to study first. They were talking most of the time, but I didn't really mind since all we had to accomplish was the test. They did pretty good on the test. Some of their answers are silly and they don't speak in complete sentences. They made a 90 and 83. All we did for the whole class was taking a speaking test. What a waste of time!

My 3rd class was okay, but not good. We have the class in the computer lab. The boys like to talk a lot and try to look at other websites. They didn't even get halfway done. One of the boys is always a trouble maker. He won't ever do his work. Today he was playing around with something on the desktop. I kept telling him to do his work and he kept telling me to wait. Whatever they didn't finish in class they have to do for homework. I doubt they will do it. Oh well. I'm going to start counting the classwork as part of their grade, not that they care anyway. The girl was doing her work so she was the only person who got a sticker. I hate this class!! I may suggest that we don't do this class in the lab for next session. wonder how that would go if I asked.

In my 4th class I only had one student. One of the students went home because his brother had swine flu. I don't know if that was his decision to go home or if the school made him go home. The class was extremly short because I only had one student. We went over 3 lessons and still had a lot of time left over. She did a good job on the questions. We talked about "how to" and the zoo and traffic laws. Then I just let her draw on the board for a few minutes. I hate that my lessons are so short. I hope we are getting new books for the next 3 month session. We've gotten books every 3 months. And please let them be better than the crappy ones I have now!!

No comments: